No announcement yet.

Oh ya want pics huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bottle many wines in Bierbottles. I can try more than one Wine in Evenings if i like to. Unfortunately, here they cost You, but they come in nice plastic Holders that You can put on top of one another. Good for my small Apartment.
    Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
    Twitter: VirtualWineO
    Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie
      Thanks Ms. Spain! Be careful recapping the screwtop bottles. The glass is alot thinner than the crown cap bottles. I save all my Hieneken and St. Pauli Girl bottles. My favorite beers, only because I can't get better European beers here. I got spoiled in Germany during my USAF years.

Oh, I never thought about that!
      I do have some Sam Adams bottles that might work better-I THINK they have the regular crown cap.
      Thanks for the heads up!
      ms.spain
      lovin' this hobby!

Comment

Blackberry-Niagara

Started must this morning, will pitch yeast tomorrow. I will post the recipe in that section.

Attached Files
        REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

are they lumps of oak in the must or square blackberries,either way can i buy them from some where ive only seen sachets of saw dust
          mark
          "we need a bigger boat"

Comment

oak cubes...

Surely Bob can point you in the right direction of obtaining them over there. Readily available here.

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Hhmmm......

This don't look so good this morning. Grew it bigger after this, looked pretty much dead this morning. Pitched it into the must anyway, after taking out the pulp bag and letting it drip out. I hope it gets going soon!

Attached Files
              REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Woooohoooooo!!!!!!

I think those little boogers must have smelled the expresso brewing! I have airlock activity as of 11:50 am this morning! Must temp 68*F. I hope it stays that cool.

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

bubble bubble toil and trouble

Airlock dancing a fairly fast jig and fermentation has warmed itself up to 72*F from 68. Fabulous!

Last edited by Hippie; 15-12-2005, 09:32 AM.
                  REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Comment

YeeeHawww!

Have I reached Knighthood?
                      REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Or as your reputation points state ' Hippie is a splendid one to behold'

Fermenting shows no mercy to the beginner

Comment

Lmao!

I am not worthy!
                          REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie
                            Have I reached Knighthood?
                            Well you see the knighthood would have been yours......... but they don't give em to fat lads!

Oak cubes just not available here yet, I got mine from Curt (hes a darling)

Although the KenRidge founders series will be available in the UK soon and they contain cubed oak.
                            N.G.W.B.J.
                            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Alrighty then!

So there we have it from the authority on fat lads. I am too fat to be a knight!

Yep, that Curt is a fine one indeed..and also fat!

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

slowing down...

Still bubbling away, but slowing down alot and cooled to 70*F.

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Working...
                                X