Gewurztraminer - Beaverdale Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gewurztraminer - Beaverdale Kit

I'd not tasted this style wine before making up a 1 gallon kit, but after reading on this forum that it's a nice wine, and trusting your judgements, I made some that I tasted last night for the first time.

I must say that I am impressed, it ended at SG1000 giving it an ABV of 10.87. It's only been bottled since 11th November, but what a wine! I was planning on treating myself to a sexy bottle of white for Xmas (as I usually do) but this year I think I'm just going to guzzle more of this wine and use the money I save to get a 5 gallon kit instead.

Has anyone else made/tasted this wine, as I'd recomend it without any reservations at all, I can't wait to tase the rest after it's matured a bit longer (if it lasts that long!)
    HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

I haven't tried it... but you're right about everyone on here raving about it.
    It is definately on my list of things to try.

I also fancy having a go at the Lychee wine, which, from reading the thread started by Rich, seems to emulate this type of wine.
    Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Not tried a beverdale gurty. Might have to pick a gallon up next time.

Have tried though...
      Heron Bay Gurty, (from wineworks offer) was good enough to order another kit!
      California Coni Gurty which was ok.

Wine Expert have a Ltd Edition NZ Gurty next year, which I'll be getting

Comment

that same kit took 1st for me on its last outing

its very nice indeed, in fact I'm a fan of the Beaverdale kits, I think Pound for pound they are the best value kits out there.
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
          that same kit took 1st for me on its last outing

its very nice indeed, in fact I'm a fan of the Beaverdale kits, I think Pound for pound they are the best value kits out there.
          Much as it pains me to agree with you, on this occasion I totally agree.
          Without exception, the Beaverdale kits have tasted fab and considering the quality of the end product, they also have a good price on them.
          HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Originally posted by spritzer View Post
            I haven't tried it... but you're right about everyone on here raving about it.
            It is definately on my list of things to try.

I also fancy having a go at the Lychee wine, which, from reading the thread started by Rich, seems to emulate this type of wine.
            My main aim this year was to make as many different wines as possible so that I could see which ones I liked the best and therefore which ones I want to keep in "stock" and make again and again.

I was off work sick after an operation in April that meant I had loads of time on my hands in the summer to ferment things, and collect things to ferment. My main problem at the moment is that I have 200 odd bottles ageing and I have no more room for storage, ergo I can't really think about making any more until some of the stock has been drunk... BUT, Lychee wine is on the list of stuff to try at some point!

Party anyone???
            HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
              Party anyone???
              Good excuse for a party, with it being Xmas!!

Comment

I wish the Beaverdale one gallon kits were available in Canada. Heck I wish any range of 1 gallon kits were available here.

I am a BIG Gewurztraminer fan. Our favourite is Ken Ridge Showcase German Gewurztraminer. Because we are diabetic, we add the Suss Reserve to the primary to make a dry G'wine.

I have last years Ken Ridge Showcase Australian Traminer-Riesling (limited edition) aging in carboy. I have ordered the Winexpert NZ Gewurztraminer limited edition for January.

Steve
                the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
                "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Comment

My main problem at the moment is that I have 200 odd bottles ageing and I have no more room for storage, ergo I can't really think about making any more until some of the stock has been drunk... BUT, Lychee wine is on the list of stuff to try at some point!

Looky Linky

Comment

Originally posted by spritzer View Post

If we could afford to get a bigger house with outbuildings, believe me, we would!

...and remember, NO ONE likes a SMARTYPANTS!

But thanks for making me laugh!

PS - Guess who bought a 5 gallon Gwerty from the HBS today...
                    HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Which HBS?

Karl richard_S and I were at tony Frecklingtons (Linbrew) today
                      N.G.W.B.J.
                      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

If we could afford to get a bigger house with outbuildings, believe me, we would!

...and remember, NO ONE likes a SMARTYPANTS!

But thanks for making me laugh!

ROFLMFAO

Comment

so which one????? or do we have to guess??

Steve
                          the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
                          "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Comment

It was Linbrew - I had to leave at 14.10 as my parking ticket ran out... you weren't the three ladies who came in just before I left were you??????

I can't believe I missed you all... DOH and DOUBLE DOH!
                            HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Does everybody add the oak supplied to these kits (as in, is it essential for the true Gewurztraminer taste) ?

Comment

Working...
                              X