New wine bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New wine bug

Here are some pics of the fruits of the forage wine that I recently bottled (5 gallon batch).

And my general winemaking area which has now moved to the kitchen, as the "winery" down in the cellar is just too cold.
    Attached Files
    Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
    Twitter: VirtualWineO
    Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Looking good
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by Danina View Post
      And my general winemaking area which has now moved to the kitchen, as the "winery" down in the cellar is just too cold.
      After all the work you did on the cellar, too.
      But that bottle looks absolutely delightful.
      Hootus est

Comment

yep, I know. The winery is really nice too. Bobby got me shelves and everything for down there. I think I will try to "re-move" down there in March. The kitchen is simply not big enough for all that wine.

Comment

Danina What about blocking off an small area and using a small space heater? This would free up your kitchen and keep the yeasties happy
          http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

Originally posted by rjb222 View Post
            Danina What about blocking off an small area and using a small space heater? This would free up your kitchen and keep the yeasties happy
            Or maybe "belt heaters" ? for the stuff that's still under active ferment.

Lots of reading suggests that the cold won't hurt for clearing stuff that's finished fermenting...... ??

regards

JtFB
            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

ooh, I would love to, but I'm a bit paranoid about heaters bein on when I'm not at home.

Comment

ooh, I would love to, but I'm a bit paranoid about heaters bein on when I'm not at home.
                Very wise indeed many disasters from space heaters. I have one in my wine room that if knocked or tips over or temp reflect back as too hot the heater shuts off and has to be reset works very well.
                http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

Well there's always the option of "trip switches" Martina.

So if they did develop a fault, the residual current is detected and it trips to isolate the power supply.

I seem to recall that they're fitted as standard in UK housing circuits these days - so maybe Bob has some in his fuse box to see ???

Or just because the type of plug would be different in Germany, I'd have thought they'd be available as standalone plugin type i.e. you put the trip into the mains socket and plug the belt heater into the trip.......

Besides, as they only get to about 24 degree's C it would remove the hazard and any worry etc (if/when I use one it's on continuously for about 2 weeks and doesn't seem to use much electric - surely you leave the heating in the house/flat on so that it's either on continuously or on a timer so it's warm when you get back from work ??? same principle but with trip protection).

regards

JtFB
                  Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

okay, it's March...are we re-moving to the cellar? It is still pretty cold here. And I don't even have a crawl space, much less a cellar.
                    Hootus est

Comment

A lot of it is filtered and bottled and either sitting in my kitchen (or on its way here this morning from sunny Lubeck) for entry into the National at Scarborough in two weeks time (I'm getting well excited)
                      N.G.W.B.J.
                      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

new pics of my wines

the first is my rose-petal wine. The color came solely fromthe petals

the second is my bottled gooseberry, elderflower and pizza wines
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by medpretzel View Post
                          new pics of my wines

the first is my rose-petal wine. The color came solely fromthe petals

Martina please tell me your kidding right ? the trouble is i know your not
                          Discount Home Brew Supplies
                          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                          National Wine Judge
                          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by medpretzel View Post
                            Well this week MY PIZZA WINE was Sangria White Zinfandel (Niagara Mist kit) with some Ken Ridge Classic Merlot, tonic water (no club soda in house), and lemon & lime slices added. A couple of weeks ago, it was straight Legacy Valpolicella (another Vineco kit).

So pray tell Martina....what the *blip* is YOUR pizza wine???

Pepperoni/mushroom/onion run thru the blender???? Somehow pineapple/ham sounds like a better choice though.

Thanks, Steve
                            the procrastinating wine maker in the Niagara Region of Ontario Canada
                            "why do today what you can put off till next week"

Comment

When you 1st posted making pizza wine I giggled to myself, but it does look good.
                              Hootus est

Comment

Working...
                              X