2009 wine grapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 wine grapes

I have been finding it harder and harder to source winemaking grapes. So this year i am planning to import some grapes this year from Italy and France & perhaps even Portugal.

For more info www.wine-grapes.co.uk

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Brian
    0845 410 3300
    brian_peacock (at) yahoo.com
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 21-02-2009, 09:33 AM. Reason: edited email address so as to hide it from spammers
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
    I have been finding it harder and harder to source winemaking grapes. So this year i am planning to import some grapes this year from Italy and France & perhaps even Portugal.

For more info www.wine-grapes.co.uk

If anyone is interested please let me know.

Brian
    0845 410 3300
    brian_peacock (at) yahoo.com
    Ah so you must be the chap Bob has been in contact with in Peterborough, unless there's two grape importers from there ?? We have been getting them from a guy at Potters Bar in previous years, but I'm quite sure the right grapes at the right price may pursued us or even delivery up north..
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 21-02-2009, 09:34 AM. Reason: edited Brian's email address so as to hide it from spammers
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Hi Brian

I will be coming to you with a big van in sept (likely sat Sept 12th)

so anyone wanting grapes can tag onto my order....

we are running grapefest again this year.......

see here

N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I'm potentially interested, could we collect from peterborough ? We are pretty close to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel View Post
          I'm potentially interested, could we collect from peterborough ? We are pretty close to you.
          ...and you can call in here for a cuppa on yer way home!
          HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel View Post
            Collecting will not be a problem. I have been firming up the arrangments this week. I think we are dfifntily ON.

Please let me have some contact details (email - fone) that sort of thing and I will add you to the list to be contacted.

For more details www.wine-grapes.co.uk

Brian

PS tell your friends
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Well

The oop north grapefest gang will be in for sure, last year we took 2,500lbs from mr Howgego....

likely the same amount or even a little more this year.
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
                If you were wanting some, and couldn't get up here for grapefest......I would happily meet you on the A1 somewhere and drop some off for you
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Can somebody give a indication of costs involved going this route?

And what would be a minimum quantity?

Comment

Here follow this link for grapefest 2009 or you could just buy the grapes and sit misserably at home, squishing and squeezing.
                    Discount Home Brew Supplies
                    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                    National Wine Judge
                    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                      If you were wanting some, and couldn't get up here for grapefest......I would happily meet you on the A1 somewhere and drop some off for you
                      Oh Bob, you're such a sweetheart, and thank you, I'll keep that in mind, but I really fancy the thought of meeting everyone, so I'll/we'll do my/our best to make it to Grapefest.
                      Mind you, an assignation at Great Gonnerby services also appeals!
                      HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Pyrosfx View Post
                        Can somebody give a indication of costs involved going this route?

And what would be a minimum quantity?
                        The grapes will be 9kg cases - this heaver than many which is typically 7kg. They will be highest quality & competitively priced, although with the pound/euro thing at the moment I cannot guess the final price. Last year they where £6.20 per case. The price does vary per variety.

There is no minimum order - but no you can't have one grape!!

Just to help with the maths this is quality Red wine at 65 - 75p per bottle !! Based on: 25 cases makes more or less 3 carboys = 200+ bottles.

I nearly have a binder, So anyone who purchases grapes from me can have a copy of how I do it.

Don't give gordo the tax - and don't give your body the chemicals !!

Comment

Are your grapes going to be collection only?

Comment

Not necessarily - but it will depend on location / costs / time etc. I don't want to make any promises.

It's only a 3-4 week season, and as a hobby job, things will get a bit tight. I also need to fit in my day job, my wife and some winemaking. oooooo and some wine drinking I nearly forgot !!

By doing this I hope to secure a future route for imported grapes for winemaking - they are getting harder and harder to source.

Around me there is quite a large Italian/continental polpoulation. If the rumours are to be beleievd, grape sales could be very brisk indeed.

If you would like to me to put you on my emailling list, please let me have you contact info either via.

email brian_peacock@yahoo.com
                            or www.wine-grapes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
                              If you want me to pick up any for you I'm more than happy to

Mel

Comment

Working...
                              X