Duffbeer HBS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren View Post
    Good luck Karl i think that anyone that is starting a new business in this climate needs all the help they can.
    This is exactly the right climate to be in this sort of business, sales of home brewing equipment etc have gone through the roof. I think that adding this new venture to the one he already has is the perfect way to diversify.
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
      Cheers for the offer Russ, been running my own business for the last 11 years, so pretty sussed on most issues. Certain aspects are a little new though
      Like setting up an online shop, holy QUACK!QUACK!QUACK!QUACK!, c'mon tinternet compitent folkies, save me a week of brain damage.
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

It'll be more than a WEEK of brain damage

Go and look at:

FREE Shopping cart osCommerce to start selling online. Accelerate your business endlessly by adding apps and custom development. Open source eCommerce platform.

demo at:

If you like what you see, I can help. If you don't understand any of it, I can also help
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Not sure how your going to take online payments Karl but i helped to set up our online payment system for work we use protyx. Mind you that was a couple of years ago things move so fast in cyberworld its probably outdated now but give us a shout if you want any more info. Oh also have a look you might be able to get a grant towards a new website we did for our latest one at work.

Comment

Like setting up an online shop, holy QUACK!QUACK!QUACK!QUACK!, c'mon tinternet compitent folkies, save me a week of brain damage.
            Karl,

I've set up a few of these sites. Used to do it all manually but it's a pain in the ****. A couple years ago I started using a new website builder called DotNetNuke. It's all modular. Set up your template, add shopping modules, and you're set. Ok, it's a little more complicated than that, but much easier than the manual route.

You might also look at setting up a Yahoo or eBay store. They've already done all the work.
            Steve

Comment

Cheers fellas, all hints, tips and links gratefully recieved.
              National Wine Judge
              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

I'd certainly recomend an Ebay Store, apart from anything else, customers feel "safe" as they've got the weight of Ebay and PayPal behind them if there are any problems - as do you if you get a nuisance customer, and believe me, Ebay customers can be REAL numpties!
                HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Well I decided to take that tip, ebay shop is now set up, nothing for sale yet, but it's a start. Pete (Goldseal)cheers dude!! is gonna munch a few things over at the weekend regarding a 1&1 server account I already have and pay for.
                  Thanks again guy's much appreciated.
                  National Wine Judge
                  N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Just watch out for them fees on ebay Karl now that ebay own paypal on quite a lot of listings that i put on they say that you can only pay by paypal

Let us know when its up and running so we can give you some feedback

Comment

Yep, not the cheapest way, but as a temporary measure will do the job.
                      National Wine Judge
                      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

The other plus side of Ebay is that often customers who know that you stock regular supplies of things that they re-order, will often contact you direct for a "deal" which then means you save on Ebay fees and they can save in the future by being directed to your proper website.

I do this with a few Ebay HB suppliers as I find it easier to send an email asking for what I want and what will the total price be rather than having to trawl thro' Ebay.

And jolly good luck mate, I hope it all works out for you.
                        HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post

Let us know when its up and running so we can give you some feedback
                          Up and running, though still loads to do, actually some stock would help Click here for a quick browse and a look at my only stocked item

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
                          The other plus side of Ebay is that often customers who know that you stock regular supplies of things that they re-order, will often contact you direct for a "deal" which then means you save on Ebay fees and they can save in the future by being directed to your proper website.

I do this with a few Ebay HB suppliers as I find it easier to send an email asking for what I want and what will the total price be rather than having to trawl thro' Ebay.

And jolly good luck mate, I hope it all works out for you.
                          Good point HL, well it's paid up for a month so may as well see what it brings. Will be ordering stock early next week, just waiting on some account details from the supplier and all should be go go go
                          National Wine Judge
                          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

I just had a look, and it looks fine, I'm glad to see that you've already got some feedbacks - there's nothing like no feedback to put off potential buyers, and as bad luck would have it, I needed some tartaric last week, (amongst other things that could have waited) so made up an excuse to go to Lincoln to get some.

I could have got it from you instead... DOH!
                            HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Glad you didn't buy it, or my store would have been empty, and it was the only fully sealed tub I had, incase someone did buy it.
                              Besides a certain hbs would not forgive me for stealing his sale
                              Last edited by Duffbeer; 26-02-2009, 10:34 AM.
                              National Wine Judge
                              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Glad you didn't buy it, or my store would have been empty, and it was the only fully sealed tub I had, incase someone did buy it.
                                Besides Tony Frecklington would not forgive me for stealing his sale
                                Yeah, but who would have told him? Not little old meeeeeee...
                                HRH Her Lushness

Comment

Working...
                                X