Young's Definitive Medium Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young's Definitive Medium Red

I recieved this kit for a present has taken ages to finish and considering the ingredients are grape juice and glucose syrup it tastes well pretty awful.
    I only know it is awful because luckily I have a wine N02 Medium Red finished at around the same time friends have compared the two and agree that the Young's kit has some kind of "chemical taste"?

Wine N02 is much much better!Thanks Lockwood!.

Same yeast and stabiliser was used on both batches.
    Here is a pic of the kit

We're back! The only official wilko site is here. Shop online & choose from 1000's of products across Garden, DIY, Home, Storage, Pet Care, Cleaning, Toys & more.
    Last edited by plonky; 15-03-2009, 11:56 PM.

If you spend twice as much on a Beaverdale kit you will get ten times better wine.
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Personally...
      This is the stuff I use, when I am adding RGC to a fruit wine.
      It is, in my opinion, something that needs to be bulked out, if you know what I mean.

And I agree with Richard_S...
      Beaverdale red kits are far superior, and well worth the extra dosh.

And IF you can leave them to age.... please let me know your secret

Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Originally posted by spritzer View Post
        And I agree with Richard_S...
        Beaverdale red kits are far superior, and well worth the extra dosh.

And IF you can leave them to age.... please let me know your secret

The trick is to make lots and lots and lots of wine all at the same time, so that inevitably some of will be left to mature... Or get someone to hide it for you and refuse to reveal it's whereabouts for a year?

I opened a bottle of Beaverdale cabernet last night that was bottled back in September. I have to say that it tasted gorgeous after maturing for 6 months and well worth the wait.... (I might add that there are only 17 bottles left now out of the original 30!)

Perhaps it's time to put another 30 bottle batch on before I run out!
        HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
          The trick is to make lots and lots and lots of wine all at the same time, so that inevitably some of will be left to mature... Or get someone to hide it for you and refuse to reveal it's whereabouts for a year?

I opened a bottle of Beaverdale cabernet last night that was bottled back in September. I have to say that it tasted gorgeous after maturing for 6 months and well worth the wait.... (I might add that there are only 17 bottles left now out of the original 30!)

Perhaps it's time to put another 30 bottle batch on before I run out!
          Bu99er that! Just make mead instead. It's invariably hideous enough when it's young, so one taste means that you consign the whole batch to bulk ageing (in the hope of some sort of magical result).

After 6 or 12 months you find that that aforementioned magical result has worked and it's good. If you find that it's just Ok, then either blend with it, top up with it or just put it away for longer!

Works for me

regards

JtFB
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Which Beaverdale red the Barolo seems to get good reviews?
            Have never tasted Barolo noticed sainsbury's had ONE bottle around £15!
            Why so exspensive ?.

Comment

I've done most of the Beaverdale red kits, and they're all very good.

Barolo is expensive coz it's a damm fine wine!
              HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

The Vieux Chateau DU Roi in the Beaverdale range is a copy of Chateauneuf du Pape which you can get for £20 if you shop around.
                Last edited by Richard S; 17-03-2009, 01:49 AM.
                National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Working...
                X