No announcement yet.

Your interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a great idea to have your wine evaluated. I don’t think anyone should be afraid of feed back. Here's to making better home made wine. Cheers!
    Life would be better if I could brew it as fast as we drink it!

Comment

Originally posted by sirstanleybowles View Post
      I'm hesitant, but tell me more.
      Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
      I voted Yss but have struggled to make it in the past.
      Originally posted by RTPFUN View Post
      Sounds like a great idea to have your wine evaluated. I don’t think anyone should be afraid of feed back. Here's to making better home made wine. Cheers!

You guys are posting in a three year old thread!

The VWC kind of fizzled out as my workload at work became heavier and my spare time limited. Volunteers to help run it would always be welcomed.

regards
      bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Somehow the Poll got left open

(closed now)

regards
        bob
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

There has been (some) talk about resurrecting the virtual wine circle meetings.....thanks for the push abervin

I would like to guage everyones interest in the project.

To start with it would be the meetings (monthly or whatever) with palate comparison sessions through us all buying the same wine and comparing notes using the VWC tasting sheet. It will then go wherever the participants want to take it.

your thoughts (as ever) much appreciated

regards
          bob
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I'll register my interest. Although my motive would be selfish, i.e. having experienced folk critique my wine, I would be willing to share my ideas/thoughts on said palate comparison session in order to open up a path toward critiquing my wine. I hope my honesty is recognised as opposed to my selfishness, only wine circles are hard to find locally.
            Last edited by Uncleboobot; 08-01-2013, 09:05 PM.

Comment

You can always send me samples of your wine for critique, and I will take them to 5 towns wine circle where not only myself would taste them, but another three national wine judges.

the main thrust of VWC to begin with would be the monthly meetings with tastings of commercial wines to aid everyone in educating their palate

your honesty is most appreciated

regards
              bob
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                You can always send me samples of your wine for critique, and I will take them to 5 towns wine circle where not only myself would taste them, but another three national wine judges.

the main thrust of VWC to begin with would be the monthly meetings with tastings of commercial wines to aid everyone in educating their palate

your honesty is most appreciated

regards
                bob
                Haha! You may live to regret your kind offer Bob!! Although I misunderstood your earlier post, I'd still be interested in participating in the VWC.

Regards

Pro ligitmo nil corburundum

Comment

I would like to see the VWC resurrected and would make every effort to take part. My palate is in serious need of education and the VWC that I took part in was very enlightening.

Comment

Agree with Rob. I'd like to see it resurrected and would make every effort. Thanks Bob (and Martina)
                    Simon
                    "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Bob, as you are aware i'm keen to see the VWC resurrected and willing to participate in the organising of it.
                      Abervin - mouth of the river wine!

Comment

OK, times and things permitting I am in too. I was reluctanct to be bothered tasting commercial stuff at first but thinking about it again it will help me understand what I do with my homemade wines more so yes I am up for it...

Comment

I think this is a great idea & I am in. Being really rural I did suffer last time from being able to get the 'wine of the day' - a combination of time & availability.
                          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

I'll push this back to the top to see if there is any more interest in restarting the VWC.
                            Abervin - mouth of the river wine!

Comment

Working...
                            X