No announcement yet.

VWC.. Educate your Palate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I nicked Bob's labelling jig and copied it, I will be making a couple more in the near future so will post some instructions.
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard S View Post
      I nicked Bob's labelling jig and copied it, I will be making a couple more in the near future so will post some instructions.
      Cool, I have a old cd rack that is about the same size as a wine bottle, adaptions may be made to that, looking forward to your instructional

Comment

Thanks for the video,

Great video series very informative. I had no idea they were on utube.

Totally off topic and nothing to do with wine production, but I thought if you were wondering why your video looks tall and thin and does not fit the frame on utube, and if you want to sort it.

Just an FYI, but it looks like you need to correct your pixel aspect ratio, it looks like you have shot widescreen, and outputted as full height anamorphic to u tube, thats why everything looks tall and thin.

shooting widescreen works when viewing on a wide screen tv because the TV corrects for the pixel aspect ratio, when displaying on a computer screen it does not. It shows you how it gets shot, or stored on the tape.... even if you shoot widescreen its still 4x3 aspect ratio, not 16x9. Its actually known as 4x3 full height anamorphic, (FHA), so when you edit, you tell your edit equipment to display for you as 16x9, but in reality it still is 4x3 FHA. (tall and thin)

So that's why when you upload it to u tube it looks like it does.

I would recommend you shoot standard 4x3, output to 4x3, and upload. utube should be able to handle this better.

just a side note, if you were wondering why your video looks this way on u tube.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by billy View Post
          Thanks for the video,

I thought if you were wondering why your video looks tall and thin
          He's not wondering, he knows exactly why it does because he did it on purpose so his man boobs don't look as big, he's actually 32 stone in real life

:munching_

Comment

Git!

Now everyone knows!!

N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by billy View Post
              I would recommend you shoot standard 4x3, output to 4x3, and upload. utube should be able to handle this better.

cheers for that....

will do that for future videos many thanks
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by billybuntus View Post
                He's not wondering, he knows exactly why it does because he did it on purpose so his man boobs don't look as big, he's actually 32 stone in real life

:munching_
                Funny as, but very true
                Discount Home Brew Supplies
                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                National Wine Judge
                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Working...
                X