Clear All

• My Pics

My vacuum pump system.

My wine making room.

Left side of cellar.

Right side of cellar

Fantastic setup there
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Bluddy hell! If only I could be that organised...........

regards

JtFB
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Nice setup, the bottle racks look very impressive!

Comment

Very nice! Did you build those racks yourself?
          Steve

Comment

My place looks like a bomb has hit it by comparison
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
              My place looks like a bomb has hit it by comparison
              Your right, it does.

Very neat & tidy there Wade.

Rich

Comment

Awesome pics Wade

Comment

Thanks everyone, I did build those racks myself out of scrap wood left over from work where I make custom stairs. The wood used is 1 1/2" wide by 1 1/16" thick all white oak. I built these 2 rooms about three years ago after finally getting my basement waterproofed as before that it was a flood zone with actual springs shooting up through the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by wadewade View Post
                    Thanks everyone, I did build those racks myself out of scrap wood left over from work where I make custom stairs. The wood used is 1 1/2" wide by 1 1/16" thick all white oak. I built these 2 rooms about three years ago after finally getting my basement waterproofed as before that it was a flood zone with actual springs shooting up through the floor.
                    Not a wine question but a how question. How did you flood proof your basement? I have a real seepage problem that gets wet during the spring and fall winter snow melt and fall rains.
                    http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

I had a company come in and dig down 18" all around the inside of my basement through the concrete and put in 6" pipes all around all sloped down to an industrial sump pump which activates when it reaches a specific level and has an alarm if it should ever make it past that level say if the power went out or if the sump gives out. It costed me around $6200 and they did it in 2 days including re cementing over all trenches and also spraying the walls with a mold resistant waterproofing sealer. I must say I was very impressed with the quality of the work done and havent seen a drip anywhere in 3 years now.

Comment

Working...
                      X