Old Speckeled Hen Clone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Speckeled Hen Clone

Here is a clone of old Speckled hen I have developed. My neighbor wanted to learn how to make a beer so we made a video of the process when we finish the project with Bob's permission and help as i do not how to post this type of thing I will post the Video here.
    Here is the recipe.
    Old Speckled Hen Clone.
    5 lbs Pale Malt Extract
    3lbs 8 oz Two row Pale
    9 oz Crystal 80
    10 oz by weight Lyle's Golden Syrup
    10 oz by weight Demerara Brown Sugar
    8 oz Malto Dextrin.
    Hops
    2.5 oz Northern Brewer 60 Mins
    0.75 oz Goldings 15 min
    0.5 oz Goldings 5 min.
    Nottingham dry yeast.

This is a Partial mash
    Strike the grains with 1.5 gals 175 degree water Stir well make sure all the grain gets wet cover and mash one hour.Sparge grains with 2 gals 160 degree water add to brew pot top up to three gals of brewing liquor turn on the heat. Bring close to boil take off the head and add malt extract, Lyle's golden syrup,Demerara brown sugar and the malto dextrin. stir well put on the heat and stir constantly until hot break happens and boil starts drop in first hop addition and start timing.end the boil at 60 min cool wert to 80 degrees and transfer to primary fermenter top up to 5 gals stir well take sg target is 1.058 Pitch Nottingham dry yeast.Rack to carboy day 3 and allow to finish. 1 1/4 cup corn sugar to prime at bottling time.
    Last edited by rjb222; 18-05-2009, 05:45 PM.
    http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby
Working...
X