Ribena Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mamgiowl View Post
    Well, Guy Fawkes night is coming - anyone fancy a party?
    Humph!

No idea why it turned out like that.

Might try another one when/if they are on offer again. Proper Ribena just isn't cheap though, Especially as I like to drink it normally..

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
      Humph!

No idea why it turned out like that.

Might try another one when/if they are on offer again. Proper Ribena just isn't cheap though, Especially as I like to drink it normally..

Rich
      i know what you mean about the price, its to expensive even for me, and i make the rotten stuff.

Comment

Well I`ve just started this and the SG is 1.120.Good job I`ve got a sweet tooth.
        Area reserved for intelligent comments......

Comment

Bottled Ribena wine yesterday - SUCCESS

After the sorry tale of Ribena wine, it's turned out fine!

Bottled one demijohn yesterday and I've got a light crisp fruity rose. Will save it for summer drinking and put it in the fridge.

So all turned out well in the end.

Comment

Well after about 8 weeks I remembered about this wine and checked it.Final gravity was 1.014 so I think the abv is about 14.5abv making it the strongest thing I `ve made.The colour was lovely,it smelt nice and the taste........WOW.Its more like a sherry,nice and warming.

I am going to make more of this and Tesco`s have decided to help me as Ribena is half price until 13/05/08...."Every little helps"

Comment

It's a lovely drop of stuff, isn't it? One of my favourites
              Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                I could add my tale in here too then.. Both my gallons cleared ok. the real ribena looks like a dark white wine, very straw coloured. Not what I expected at all. The blueberry ribena looks more like a rose.

Both taste a bit young at the moment, maybe given time they'll improve. If not, I'll mix them with lemonade!

Rich
                I've made this wine too, and mine is also a very dark straw colour, and tastes young. I began making it in early Feb, so it's had a while to sort itself out.
                I used the CJ Berry recipe, and read it as 12 fluid ounces, so perhaps this is why it's come out a little strange - certainly not how I was expecting it!
                Could those of you who have had success with this wine maybe post their recipes with maybe a description of how it turned out so that I could have another bash at it as the flavours you describe on here are certainly very different to what I've produced so far.
                I also forgot to take the SG at the start so don't ask me what it was!
                HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
                  I've made this wine too, and mine is also a very dark straw colour, and tastes young. I began making it in early Feb, so it's had a while to sort itself out.
                  I used the CJ Berry recipe, and read it as 12 fluid ounces, so perhaps this is why it's come out a little strange - certainly not how I was expecting it!
                  Could those of you who have had success with this wine maybe post their recipes with maybe a description of how it turned out so that I could have another bash at it as the flavours you describe on here are certainly very different to what I've produced so far.
                  I also forgot to take the SG at the start so don't ask me what it was!
                  My recipe (with tweaks) is the first post in this thread. I've made three batches so far and they've all been good.
                  Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

1 12 oz. Bottle Ribena(400ml bottle)
                    3 lb Sugar(1.5kg)
                    Pinch acid(juice from a couple of lemons)
                    Yeast & Nutrient
                    Mines based on the original recipe.The bits in brackets is what I actually used.

I made mine up in a 10 litre fermenting bin so added extra water to adjust for any losses due to racking/tasting etc.I think it was about 5 litres.OG was 1.120 and it came down to1.014.It`s a nice rose colour and tastes sweet and very sherry like and has a warming feeling.
                    Have got another 3 gallons bubbling away now.

Comment

Thanks everyone, it was the 12oz conversion to 400ml that was foxing me. I'm going to try it again, but with some "posh" Belvoir cordial that I just happen to have sitting around waiting for an empty demijohn, and save the maturing one for the girls at work - they always seem to be happy to tatse my concoctions!
                      HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Well you gorra laff

I thought i'd have a crack at this wine coz Tesco was flogging it off cheap. Pulled the ring-pull and boom i was splattered by a fine mist of ribena..Lovely and sticky..but what a bummer i now have ribena on my kitchen ceiling so i thought i'd go all middle aged about it and complain..hey ho i got a £10 voucher and they want to investigate the bottle and contents (how very csi) and my ceiling!
                        So i have £10 worth of ribena..party round mine guys! Lets get sticky..lol

Nia xxx
                        Attached Files
                        Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

Originally posted by Cariad66 View Post
                          I thought i'd have a crack at this wine coz Tesco was flogging it off cheap. Pulled the ring-pull and boom i was splattered by a fine mist of ribena..Lovely and sticky..but what a bummer i now have ribena on my kitchen ceiling so i thought i'd go all middle aged about it and complain..hey ho i got a £10 voucher and they want to investigate the bottle and contents (how very csi) and my ceiling!
                          So i have £10 worth of ribena..party round mine guys! Lets get sticky..lol

Nia xxx
                          Sounds delicious do you want me to bring anything?
                          http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

Originally posted by rjb222 View Post
                            Sounds delicious do you want me to bring anything?
                            I dunno!! What goes well with ribena? Jam butties? Gummy bears?
                            Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

Is your cieling now classed as "art decor" very posh
                              Discount Home Brew Supplies
                              Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                              Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                              National Wine Judge
                              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                                Is your cieling now classed as "art decor" very posh
                                Yea sweet!!!! rofl.
                                http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X