No announcement yet.

VWC August 22, 2009 Meeting - 19:30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already got it hidden away where no-one can drink it (i.e. me)

Comment

Hello everyone!

***BUMP***

I'm just wanting to remind everyone of the August's Virtual Wine Circle Meeting for tonight!

Still not too late to drop down to the Aldi's and get the Bushland Semillon today!

We will be discussing "Methods of Juice Extraction"

Because the blackberries and elderberries are to be harvested about now and into september, we have decided to change the video to this one

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Methods of Juice extraction by colin Tweed
      A most informative talk, (in 7 parts on you tube but worth watching all 7)

we will discuss this next Sat 22nd Aug

Discussion and review of the first VWC comp

Wine for Winetasting: Bushland Sémillon Chardonnay, Availabe at Aldi (£3.79). If you cannot get it for some reason, please let lockwood1956 (Bob) know by August 17th. He will be willing to send you a 250 ml bottle (also used for the VWC competitions!) for a £2.50 cost (only to cover shipping and petrol).
      We use the tasting sheets that are available online here on the forum to assess the wine. Please clickhere to download them. Please print them out and assess the wine with them. This provides a great way of learning the terminology and sharpening your palate for your very own wines.

To access the forum's chat mode, please use the FlashChat link at the top of the page to access it. Here's a link to how to access it: http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=3598

This wine circle is not stuffy and very casual. We please ask you to remember some of the "rules," though, when coming:

• Please don’t drink too much before the circle meeting. Just because you’re at home, doesn’t mean you’re alone at virtual wine circle.
      • Please remember good manners. No cursing.
      • Please be courteous to others.
      • Please try to stay on topic. The presenters put a lot of work into their presentations. There’s always a free-for-all chat at the end.
      • Please remember to voice your opinion about how this should run. We’re always happy for constructive criticism and/or positive input!
      • Presenters & the ones with the “virtual gavel” are to be yellow. The rest of the participating guests should keep their colours white.
      • If you want to ask a question, please demarcate it with a “Q” at the beginning of the line. This helps the person answering the questions filter out the others’ comments to the questions.
      • If you want to raise an issue of any type, “RH” (for raising hand) is a good way to get the yellow (wo)man’s attention.

see you there!

regards
      MedPretzel (Martina, M, Marty, or anything nice you want to call me)
      Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
      Twitter: VirtualWineO
      Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

Wine purchased, just got to remember to be there

Comment

I assume the answer is 'of course', but the wine to be tested should be at room temp, not chilled, shouldn't it?
          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

thought it should be about 14oc for white?

Comment

That's a good question though, as in the competition weren't all the wines tasted at room temperature, even the whites?

Saying that, my bottle's in the fridge!

Comment

Well I thought I was ahead of the game, sending the wine ahead in the post to Germany (where I am now) but it didn't arrive plargh!!!!

I have tried all of the shops locally to no avail, Martina has gone off on her bike to a store a little distance away (last chance)

I'm at home steaming some rosehips we picked this afternoon, when they are done we will steam the elderberries and blackberries we picked earlier today....

life is good

room temp to slightly chilled, not too cold though, or the fruit will not express itself properly...serve it at the temp you drink all of your wines normally...that works best i think
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Big bums! I got here way too late
                  Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

It's still going on - i've just left 22:12

Comment

Vwc

It was really good, and I fair enjoyed it. I learnt quite a bit about how to really sample wine and also enjoy it more, if that's possible!
                      Like sand thro' your fingers, time slips away........

Comment

Working...
                      X