Bulk buying Dried Elderflowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bulk buying Dried Elderflowers

Could anyone suggest a wholesalers/Suppliers of Dried Elderflowers e.g. 5-10Kg sack.

Ive spent ages on the net and cant find owt!!!

Cheers Guys

Reaper
    Two jugs of beer and even you cant understand what you're saying.

Dont think I've seen anyone selling in those kind of quantities, but someone must be somewhere, sorry couldn't help.

But have to ask....why do you want so many?

What I do is harvest the elderflowers in bulk, and make elderflower syrup from it, and use this to infuse elderflower nose into my wines (I find the dried elderflowers give the wine a slightly bitter tinge)

regards
    Bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Hi Bob
      I wanted to put some beer kits together for the website, Badgers Golden Glory, its got dried elderflowers in it, I thought they might come in 5-10kg sack if buying them in bulk, 1 or 2kg might be enough, cheers

Paul

This website is for sale! barleybottom.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, barleybottom.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
      Two jugs of beer and even you cant understand what you're saying.

Comment

OOOOOO

Hi Paul

just noticed the BarleyBottom Link, sorry hadn't made the connection before.

I would be most interested in a Golden Glory "kit"
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I see you are stocking more and more stuff...site looks great
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

How about using elderflower cordial....it gives a nice fresh bouquet, i always feel the dried ones arent as nice, i use it in wines i want that fresh bouquet in.

regards
            bob
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Try the organic herb trading company, though might be a bit pricey as they supply qualified herbalists and the constituents are tested etc.

Ahh, try here: www.organicherbtrading.co.uk, they might have the odd sack not up to their specs

Comment

Dried Elderflowers

Hello, Just took delivery of 200g of dried elderflower, bought on eBay for just over £5 incl p&p - see eBay item 290487871925

My aim is to make another 5-gall batch of elderflower this year, but out of season. Elder tress are not so plentiful here in my bit of N.E. Wales as in some other areas, so I am having to resort to the dried variety.

Having made a successful wine in July using dried orange-blossom from same source / supplier, as I recall, I hope to produce another refreshing Elderflower brew..... Sad to say last few bottles of this summer's Elderflower are disappearing too quickly (yes, I know it's still too young, but I do like to drink Elderflower young and on the sweeter side of 1.000 - I promise I'll try to be more patient in future)

Regards, Alun (jonesthephones)
                P.S. Listen to my music on: www.youtube.com/jonesthephones

Comment

Working...
                X