No announcement yet.

Pineapple Blush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What might be an idea, is if you post a recipe and method, i would be happy to give advice on improvements to both (if possible)

but to summarise major improvements in wine from the following:

Juice extraction wherever possible (a la Colin Tweed tutorial) so the must is cleaner (unless you need solids for colour extraction)
    no hot or boiling water
    SO2 for sanitation of must and equipment
    Quality yeast, eeking it out if cost is an issue (you cant do this with the yeast compound)
    Quality nutrient (i have not yet found a way to do this cheaper.....yet!)
    Late fruit addition for fruitier wine

But No 1 reason for good wine, is good ingredients.
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 14-11-2010, 03:20 PM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

The major reason for using Youngs is that it is available from Wilkinsons - we do not have a local home brew shop. Whenever I am out and about and near such shops, I try to stock up on yeasts.

The information provided by you both is brilliant. It can sometimes feel a little overwhelming when reading posts relating to expensive equipment; and it is really nice to read about good honest basics. I agree with you, Bob, regarding good ingredients and good wine; along with the inclusion of techniques added by science.
      “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
      Groucho Marx

Comment

Could i ask a question of Bob.. when you say about adding fruit late in the ferment,, is there a certain time to add it, SG wise?? Also a bit more general i guess depending on the wine, what kind of amound would you add, and would you leave it there till the wine has fermented out??

Thanks.
        Mark.
        Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

Working...
        X