A handy guide........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A handy guide........

I've just been digging around gotmead, and their "newbie guide" has been updated, so here's the link.........

It's quite a comprehensive guide, and seems to just about cover nearly all aspects for the new mead maker.....

Definitely worth a read....... just bare in mind that gotmead is a US forum so some of it would need "localisation" for the UK....... but that's not difficult...

regards

jtfb
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Brilliant.

Am really liking "some" of my results with mead, cyser and pyments. I am thinking of doing a large session so that some time next year I will have plenty to drink and not need to dig into early and young batches.

Hopefully a good read of this will help improve what it is that i am doing from planning to execution.
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well

Comment

Excellent, John. I've never made mead and have actually been thinking about giving it a go. This guide looks like a good one-stop shop for newbie information. Thanks.
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
        Excellent, John. I've never made mead and have actually been thinking about giving it a go. This guide looks like a good one-stop shop for newbie information. Thanks.
        Well it's even more straight forward for you Steve, because you don't need to think of "localisation", you can probably get pretty much all of the ingredients that "them lot" over at gotmead can access easily.

I'd also recommend a copy of Ken Schramms book "The Compleat Meadmaker". The only thing that lets it down for me, is that there's a lot of ingredients that are either hard work to get, and some are impossible.

Ha! look up "the beefolks" in Maryland, they have some amazing honeys. I'd dearly love the chance of making a gallon or two of "Killer Bee" mead

But yes, you're right, it's a very comprehensive guide........

regards

jtfb
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
        X