• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kampervan View Post
    if ime allowed back and can use top of drive again. most definatly
    not a problem at all Ian
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I'm planning to be there too

Comment

I'm planning on being there, checked today and no work that weekend

Of course some floor space would be greatly appreciated at Chateau Lockwood, oh, and a parking space?

With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Originally posted by ukric View Post
          and a parking space?
          yup
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I'm planning on being there too if thats fine.
            Your Success Our Innovation

Comment

Originally posted by hedgerow View Post
              there might be a hedgerow traveling up for this on, i have always wanted to see what the fasination is with this grape stuff anyway
              This grape malarkey is alright, but the scots know grain makes a better drink!
              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Time to start thinking about Grapefest 2010...

what varietals you would lke...we wont know what's available for sure till later in the year, but Trebbiano and Ciliegiolo are most likely available for sure, and both make good wine.

people have asked for it to also be a learning event....if so, what would you like to learn about while you are here, I'm sure we can have hands on acid testing, Ph testing, starter prep etc etc etc, this would have (of course) to happen early in the day
                Last edited by lockwood1956; 11-03-2010, 12:59 PM.
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Personally ....

Trebbiano definitely (or any other decent white) - plan to do more white this year.

The 09 Merlot looks like it is going to be decent. I'd like more, or something similar. The Ciliegiolo tends to make a light red, but I'd like to make something bigger. A small amount of Cilie would be good though, mainly for rosé.

Learning - I think a repeat of the 'Wine No 1 with different yeasts' experiment would be good. I don't mind doing the bottling again

I think learning activities are a good thing - they'll delay the start of the 'tasting' phase of the day, and hopefully ensure most people are still capable of standing by nightfall .

How about someone knock up a couple of batches of an easy tinned fruit wine (e.g. strawberry) but one made the conventional way and one with late addition of fruit, so people can see the dramatic difference this can make?

A 'live' version of the sweet/acid/tannin exercise would be good too.

Oh, and how about something like a simple competition, judged by all?
                  Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                    Personally ....

Trebbiano definitely (or any other decent white) - plan to do more white this year.

The 09 Merlot looks like it is going to be decent. I'd like more, or something similar. The Ciliegiolo tends to make a light red, but I'd like to make something bigger. A small amount of Cilie would be good though, mainly for rosé.

Learning - I think a repeat of the 'Wine No 1 with different yeasts' experiment would be good. I don't mind doing the bottling again

I think learning activities are a good thing - they'll delay the start of the 'tasting' phase of the day, and hopefully ensure most people are still capable of standing by nightfall .

How about someone knock up a couple of batches of an easy tinned fruit wine (e.g. strawberry) but one made the conventional way and one with late addition of fruit, so people can see the dramatic difference this can make?

You ain't leaving much time for drinking are you Pete
                    Discount Home Brew Supplies
                    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                    National Wine Judge
                    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

I'm sure we'll MAKE time for that activity
                      Pete the Instructor

Comment

ill do the tinned fruit experiment if you want. but know the answer already.

ian
                        http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                        http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                          Personally ....

All of the above plus anything else that you all feel would be beneficial....

Also, could i be cheeky and suggest Curry again???
                          "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

Originally posted by DaveH View Post
                            A 5 gallon batch would go down a treat
                            National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard S View Post
                              A 5 gallon batch would go down a treat
                              It would go THROUGH a treat
                              Pete the Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by DaveH View Post
                                OOOH YES! Curry please Ann Marie - I'm eating meat again now so I'll be able to give it a try this year!
                                HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Working...
                                X