• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eek!

did you drink it anyway?

did you give it a score?
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

COURSE I BL@@DY DRANK IT! I was that mad and still am, that I never thought of scoring it! I just downed it in three quick glasses. All I can say is, in the heat of anger and the depths of despair, it was very nice!
      Like sand thro' your fingers, time slips away........

Comment

Originally posted by Davie View Post
        COURSE I BL@@DY DRANK IT! I was that mad and still am, that I never thought of scoring it! I just downed it in three quick glasses. All I can say is, in the heat of anger and the depths of despair, it was very nice!
        Would this be a good time to tell you that some of us stayed online until about Midnight...
        HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
          Would this be a good time to tell you that some of us stayed online until about Midnight...
          SHADDUP!

Comment

dirty stop outs i gave up at 10 to tired to continue, light wieght
            Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

Originally posted by hedgerow View Post
              dirty stop outs i gave up at 10 to tired to continue, light wieght
              Looks like he knows you Lush

Comment

Sorry for not being there chaps, I didn't forget but about 1/2 hour before kick off the Central Heating packed up, so spent the next 2 hours in getting it going and seems like going to have to spend about £1500.00 in fitting for a new boiler

What I was going to ask Bob was on the mini jet filter system, when you fit the new filter pads, how long would these last before you have to change them, ie, how many gallons?

Also I know its mainly common sense but if you had say 2 gallons of wine to filter and 1 was white and the other was red, can you filter say the red wine first then wash the filter out and then use it on the one galllon of white wine, I have a small Harris filter at present (which does the job but is slow) but if I buy a mini jet, I just want to know the running costs if I just have a couple of gallons to filter, or is the mini jet best left for larger volumes of wine?

Comment

Originally posted by solly View Post
                  Sorry for not being there chaps, I didn't forget but about 1/2 hour before kick off the Central Heating packed up, so spent the next 2 hours in getting it going and seems like going to have to spend about £1500.00 in fitting for a new boiler

What I was going to ask Bob was on the mini jet filter system, when you fit the new filter pads, how long would these last before you have to change them, ie, how many gallons?

Also I know its mainly common sense but if you had say 2 gallons of wine to filter and 1 was white and the other was red, can you filter say the red wine first then wash the filter out and then use it on the one galllon of white wine, I have a small Harris filter at present (which does the job but is slow) but if I buy a mini jet, I just want to know the running costs if I just have a couple of gallons to filter, or is the mini jet best left for larger volumes of wine?
                  I am not sure of the pad prices across the pond. The mini jet is designed to do exactly what you want to do. Do the white first though then the red that way you won't stain your white to blush.
                  http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

Agreed, you should be able to do a couple of gallons.

Pad life is more or less proportional to the clarity of the wine - I have filtered 5 gals before, and the pads have looked as though they would cope with another 5 gals.

However, if I was only making 1 gal batches, I'd stick with my Harris filter. I just got bored of waiting 45 minutes for it to filter 5 gallon batches
                    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

If the wine is clear already, I've had no prob putting 10 to 13 gallons through 1 set of pads. It was aged over a year or so, and racked a few times to make sure no sediment could get sucked into it.

Comment

Next?

Is there word of the next meeting, and the wine? Just in case I miss it!

Comment

Not yet.......

soon though (been a busy time)
                          N.G.W.B.J.
                          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
                          X