VWC Sprng Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is everyone happy to do both.....?

reason i ask is that a lot of work has gone into getting VWC into the mainstream (Yorkshire Federation) and i would hate numbers to be down because we did it twice close together....

i am happy to put the work into doing both....
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I would love to see a tutorial on putting a wine into a competion properly. So as new commers like myself can do things right. I think this would make a very good VWC. presentation for the future.
      http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

I think the Yorkshire Fed would be best, it will give people a chance to prepare correctly, it would be a shame to have one a couple of months before and then have a poor showing at Yorkshire, as Bob states it has taken a little work to get the Yorkshire Fed to agree and would be great if entries were reasonably high, proving that the VWC is viable for future years. Thus enabling those of you who are not able to join wine circles or have no competitions near by to still enter & get feedback or even win.
        Also there is the Pontefract show in August which would also appreciate a good VWC turnout. Remember ther is no other show in the UK that allows postal entries so it would be good to support the ones that are breaking the ice & allowing it.
        Discount Home Brew Supplies
        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
        National Wine Judge
        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by rjb222 View Post
          I would love to see a tutorial on putting a wine into a competion properly. So as new commers like myself can do things right. I think this would make a very good VWC. presentation for the future.
          Tutorial here Robert, similar rules for the VWC apart from the bottles which are provided by Bob mainly for postal reasons.
          Discount Home Brew Supplies
          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
          National Wine Judge
          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Thanks Duff very helpful.
            http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

Karls tutorial is a great one, it is also the subject of a VWC video tutorial presented by our very own Richard_S

part one
              www.winesathome.co.ukvirtual wine circleIn this talk Mr. Sharp shows us how to prepare for competitions

part two
              www.winesathome.co.ukvirtual wine circleIn this talk Mr. Sharp shows us how to prepare for competitions

(excuse the drunks behind the camera)
              Last edited by lockwood1956; 23-12-2009, 12:38 PM.
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I'm afraid I'll only be able to comit to the one in June, various disasters recently including redundancy have left me with very little time to organise my wines...

They're safe maturing in bulk now, thank god, but none will be ready until June at least...
                ex ovo omnia
                Chemist, welder, homebrewer

Comment

Whatever dates you say I am happy with, but the one in June is better for the logistics of fermenting, racking, fining, filtering, testing, cleaning/preping bottles did I say testing, my god I feel tired already.
                  Should be able to find 4-6 bottles to enter.

Terry

Comment

Righty Ho then.......

June it is

get your wines to me at any point before then (up to about June 3rd)
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Please PM or email for details, you will get very detailed feedback on your wines in written form. Don't fret about how good/bad the wine is, it is a fun way to learn more......

We ran it at Ponte show last year and it caused a bit of a stir, but this is the first time this kind of thing has been done at a Major competition, so please be sure and support us, like you did last year.

ta muchly

bob
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I'll enter Bob, you gave me some bottles at GF.

Comment

Classes will be...

Red Dry
                          White Dry
                          Open Class (enter anything at all)
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

will ant 250 ml pet do.
                            http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                            http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Yes Ian....I will transfer them to the correct bottles, or I can send you the right ones
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Bob, could I have a couple of more bottles please ?
                                I have 3, but one still has your port in it, that I haven't tried yet
                                But I would quite like to enter 3 or 4 this year
                                Thanks

Oh.. and labels too please
                                Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Working...
                                X