• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL

I'm in Germany this weekend, so it will be waiting for me on my return

Can you PM me your address so I can send yours
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I did do that and have sent numerous messages after..did you not get them?

I thought you were just being rude..LOLOL
      Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

Mamgiowl was unable to reply to my pm's so it never happened for me. maybe the trial bottles sent up north frighten them off
        Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

Was her passport in order?

West Midlands. My grandson is residing at a school there. Do you know Elmhurst?
          “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
          Groucho Marx

Comment

Elmhurst as in School of Dance - The Royal Ballet?

Comment

I just realised I forgot to post up my thoughts about benarnold's meads when we swapped in January, so here it is. Ben subsequently told me these were early efforts, so please bear in mind when reading .....

It was good that you sent me a couple of meads. I'm not to experienced with mead, and I find it difficult to evaluate my own two efforts because I don't know what 'good' is.

ANCIENT SPICED MEAD
              Is this the joe Mattioli Ancient mead? I have to say up front that the spiciness was not initially to my taste (which is odd because I love spicy food) BUT please read on

It is obviously a mead because of the nose. It has none of that medicinal quality which can afflict younger meads. Like I said, the spiciness is not to MY taste, but that is a personal thing - nothing wrong with the drink at all - clean-tasting, no off-tastes.

I have noticed that most meads, including my own, seem to lack acidity. Maybe that is how they are supposed to be, or maybe it is my own personal taste. I did try adding a touch of citric to it and it seemed to develop a touch more flavour, and a little bit of sweetness took the edge off the spice.

CHERRY MEAD
              A totally different animal. Fantastic nose, powerful fruit aroma. Clean tasting, very nice. Mrs.G tried some, without knowing what it was. She 'doesn't like mead', but she liked this one

I found that it too lacked a bit of acidity. I added citric again and it REALLY brought the fruit out, and turned it into a very palatable rosé.

Would I be pleased if I'd made this? Yes, very . Do you have the recipe?
              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

OK

wine was indeed waiting for me when I got home.....will taste after my tea
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

OK Nia (you can come out from behind the sofa )

Very "quincy" nose, the wine is very bright in the glass, and has an attractive colour. It has a sharpness that you would naturally associate with quince, not unpleasant at all, but it might be helped by either sweetening a tad, or blended with something like a wine No1 to take the edge off.

all in all a good effort (I will be finishing the bottle)

many thanks, watch out for dodgy wines heading your way soon

regards
                  Bob
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

OMG!!! I'm just glad you survived it!!!

Unless it's a slow death creeping type death

If your quiet tomorrow I will know your demise

then come steal all your wine =]
                    Everybody should believe in something; I believe i'll have another drink!

Comment

Working...
                    X