• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
    Cheers for the update Jim

let us know how it tastes when you eventually drink it

regards
    bob
    Well I tried this today in preparation for bottling and it seems to be ok!
    Doesn't taste very strong and has quite a mellow flavour, I've added some oak chips, plan to leave it for a month and then on to bottling...

I'd like to submit some for testing if you could supply me with the bottles Bob?
    ex ovo omnia
    Chemist, welder, homebrewer

Comment

I want to know: why Rowse honey? Horrid stuff IMO, all blended, ultra-filtered and bland (mostly). I would take a chance and use my own!

RAB

Comment

Originally posted by oliver90owner View Post
        I want to know: why Rowse honey? Horrid stuff IMO, all blended, ultra-filtered and bland (mostly). I would take a chance and use my own!

RAB
        Probably more to do with availability and cost than anything else. I'm lucky as Paynes is only 10 miles or so up the road, but even their range isn't vast, just a bit better than most. If you think about it, a lot of us don't have much choice as varietal honies aren't big and many don't know that there's a difference anyway unless they see something that sounds "nice" at a farm shop or similar.......

Plus many amateur bee keepers get delusions of grandeur when it comes to the value of their honey. £2/£3 per lb at most yet they seem to think its in the £5 + area.......
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by oliver90owner View Post

RAB
          Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
          Probably more to do with availability and cost than anything else. ....................
          FB's point was exactly the reason, cheap, I got nearly a 1/2 gallon of honey for about £5 when it was on sale at the local supermarket...

On a side note the "blandness" was a property I was looking for so the elderberries didn't lose their flavour too much as they were in the primary...
          Sadly the blueberry is a little bland but I plan to add some blueberry concentrate to boost the flavour...
          ex ovo omnia
          Chemist, welder, homebrewer

Comment

Working...
          X