Racking and degassing all in one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racking and degassing all in one

Racked the big blue fermenter on the right, using the enolmatic, and racking under vacuum also de-gasses the wine
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 05-04-2010, 11:36 AM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Using the enolmatic vacuum bottler to rack by creating a vaccum in the receiving Demijohn, whach also degasses the wine at the same tiome/

Last edited by lockwood1956; 05-04-2010, 11:24 AM.
    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

They're not the quietest of things then...
      With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

And from another angle

Vacuum racking and degassing from another angle
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by ukric View Post
          They're not the quietest of things then...

I think the mic on my phone just picks up on that frequency, its not as loud as it sounds in the video
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Either way, the enolmatic is one hell of a handy machine isn't it Bob.......

bottling, racking, de-gassing, filtering (as long as you've got the filter to go with the enolmatic of course)........

regards

jtfb
            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I love my enolmatic.......(I have the filter kit too)

It's a fab piece of kit, but quite expensive
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                I love my enolmatic.......(I have the filter kit too)

It's a fab piece of kit, but quite expensive
                So what do you use to sanitise/clean it then Bob, and where do you get it ?

Only because I seem to recall seeing some stuff advertised before, that is "supposed" to be the recommended stuff, but can't recall where I saw it....

regards

jtfb
                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

How much??

I like these http://www.downshireleisure.com/imag...ble%20Pump.jpg

A tenner off ebay. Couple of quid for some croc clips, same again for a bit of 1/2 inch syphon tube and bob's your moderator.

oh - and you do need a 12v power source - a motorbike battery will do (or smaller) or one of these nasty black wall slugs and plug it into the mains. Old laptop charger will do it too.

I have run these for years - I am on my second - the first one got stuffed up with grape stones last year (oops).

PS an extra couple of quids buys the high volume one - well worth it. One 54l carboy takes about 90 seconds.

PPS A bit of stick (sterilized of course) up the side makes racking v v easy. As you can drive it around the bottle and adjust the height.

Do I need to do a video or will a photo do ?
                  Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

lets see if this works...(it should be a photo)
                    Attached Files
                    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                      So what do you use to sanitise/clean it then Bob, and where do you get it ?
                      For the pipework I just pull through about 5 gals clean water....

If I'm filtering then I back flush the filter, and then use Chemipro acid to clean the filter cartridge (from Brouwland)

chemipro ACID 1 l 004.021.2 € 10,95

CHEMIPRO ACID
                      NEW acid-based, no-rinse cleaner for all light duty cleaning in just one treatment (rinsing is not necessary if drained well!). Its hygienic cleaning power is not influenced by organic substances. Suitable for all equipment except copper and steel. Also suitable for rinsing out washable filter cartridges.
                      Dose : 1 % (250 ml makes 25 l of cleaning solution). Contact time 5 - 10 minutes.
                      Last edited by lockwood1956; 05-04-2010, 06:55 PM.
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                        How much??

Not cheap!

For the enolmatic with filter assembly and cartridge you wont get much change from £400 however the filter cartridge is reusable after back flushing and cleaning.

I love the fact that I can filter and bottle all in one, and that i can use it to rack, and to degas, and best of all there is no air involved as it is all done under vacuum
                        Last edited by lockwood1956; 05-04-2010, 07:00 PM.
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                          Not cheap!

For the enolmatic with filter assembly and cartridge you wont get much change from £400 however the filter cartridge is reusable after back flushing and cleaning.

I love the fact that I can filter and bottle all in one, and that i can use it to rack, and to degas, and best of all there is no air involved as it is all done under vacuum
                          I bet filter bottling is REALLY good. Will it sterile filter?

- had a pass out to get a 'new' press.. presumably with all the money you saved me on the the Erbsloh test kit.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can get cartridges down to 0.25 microns...I have a 0.45 micron one.But i think you need a membrane cartridge to sterile filter (not 100% sure on that)

will check.
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

here you go

CPF manufactures high quality food-grade membrane and depth media filters for process efficiency at lower costs. Technical support. Fast shipping.
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                              X