X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Wine Circle Competition - Entrant's Form

Updated for 2011!!!
    Get your bottles ready!

The date is set: May 13th 2011 (eek, a friday, let's hope no bad wines!)

Get your bottles ready, tell your wine circle, tell your winemaking friends, tell your homebrew shop! New "All-in-One Info-sheets" are available for download at http://www.winesathome.co.uk/html/VWCAIO2011.pdf .... Print them out, read them, and then get your wines ready!!! It would be great if you could get some to your local homebrew shop as well. It would mean a great deal to us... You can also tell them about the great friends and the great time you've had at grapefest or your VWC experience!
    Just a side note: The tasting sheet does NOT have to be returned with the form. This is just so you know what the judges are judging with. It's just meant as a little help when tasting your own wines!

There are no rooms to be had at the New Southlands Hotel in Scarborough anymore. You still could try to get one, but it won't be through the Federation.

To take a peek at the Federation Schedule of the show, click here: http://www.lockwoodrecording.net/YFA...tion_show.html

Alternatively, directly across the street is a wonderful B&B that I can whole-heartedly recommend (Bob, Karl, Richard and I have stayed there): http://www.esplanadegardensscarborough.co.uk/

There's plenty for family, kids and non-winemakers to do!
    A few examples:
    - Scarborough Town Centre - Shopping
    - Scarborough Beach
    - Scarborough Lighthouse
    - Sealife Centres - Scarborough North Bay
    - Scarborough Sea Life Centre Photo Gallery
    - Peasholm Park
    - Luna Park funfair
    - Olivers Mount
    - Scarborough Mere

Find out more here!

No kids, but dogs?
    http://www.yorkshire-east-coast-unof...s-allowed.html
    Priceworthy, dog friendly hotel: http://www.iknow-yorkshire.co.uk/acc...olas_cliff.htm

Friday - VWC Comp, night of disco dancing and loads of fun. VWCers will also have a fancy dress night on this night! Theme: Famous Couples!
    Saturday - YFAWB Comp, night of dancing and many laughs
    Sunday - Results Banquet with beautiful meal!

40p per entry.... 30p for the bottles.... We are accepting PandaPop bottles as well.... (or similar 250ml bottles).

Register/Pay using PayPal....

Open Wine Class
    Open Beer Clss
    Open Ginger Beer - get the kids involved!

Show your enthusiasm! Get your wines ready! It's less than 3 months away!

We want your input as well!!! A "Virgin's Guide to VWC comps" is something we're still really hoping for!!! Make it a page-length at the most, and summarise what you think is great about VWC Comp!

Stay tuned to this post for more info!

M.
    Last edited by medpretzel; 03-02-2011, 08:17 PM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

The file has been updated to reflect the new PayPal account and regarding sending back of bottles.
    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Hi Bob, does the wine have to be made from a recipe or can kit wine be entered?
      www.honeyjukes.co.uk

Comment

it can be any wine at all.....all are welcome (including mead)
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
          it can be any wine at all.....all are welcome (including mead)
          and onion wine...

just no cabbage wine, please!
          Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
          Twitter: VirtualWineO
          Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

it'd be also nice to know who your hbs is, and if hey plugged the show a bit.... any comments are on the form are welcome.... even if it i critique or thoughts on how to improve would be great!!!

Comment

@ Bob / Martina

Silly question I know..........but I want to get it right, I am going to enter 4 bottles - so do I need to fill out page 2 of the form for each bottle?
              Thank you

Comment

yes. this is basically to update our contact details and know a little bit about your wines. You can add all your wines in the comment area (vintage, any comments you have about it, main ingredient, sweetness level of the wines)... just list them in that part or on the back of the page. sorry it was a bit confusing, this was before we knew we were going to get such a great response....

my fault, sorry.

M.

Comment

Working...
                X