Beaverdale Cabernet Sauvignon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaverdale Cabernet Sauvignon

Wow. I mean just wow. I cracked open a bottle of this last night, that I started on the 30th of march. I bought a 6 bottle kit and followed the instructions that came with the kit to the letter. There are some slight differences between the 30 bottle kit and 6 bottle kit which is why I mention it here. The instructions were very clearly written and at a comfortable sized font for reading whilst working. All the sundry items such as finings, oak and stabliser come in a little plastic bag which is perfect for keeping it all together. Very handy.

Anyways, this wine was fantastic. Even though it is very young I was really taken aback by how good it was. The flavours and acids were incredibly well balanced, though it had a nice spicy after taste. The aroma was lacking a fair bit to the point I could barely smell anything but as mentioned above, it has a beautiful flavour.

I've made a couple kits and a few juice wines before but I think that if anyone is thinking of getting into the hobby, this would make an ideal choice for a 'first kit'. It really shows what the hobby is capable of producing and when compared to other kits (such as the frankly vile Young's Plum) is a great way of showing why it is worth spending and extra £4 for a premium kit.

As I said at the start, the kit is still young but is perfectly drinkable at the moment. With more time I can easily see it getting even better. I've still got another 3 bottles left (2 bottles worth were bottle in beer bottles to give to people as presents).

Summary: Like drinking liquid silk. Smooth, balanced with a very creamy texture. Lots of body to boot.

If it were a shop wine, I'd happily pay £7 or £8 for it.

The only downside to this kit is that it was a 6 bottle kit. I wish I plumped for a 30 now!
    Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
    Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
    -Police Squad

The Beaverdale range is generaly quite good after a month or so but leave it a bit longer and you will really see a differance. The Barolo and Vieux Chateau DU Roi kits are worth doing as well.

Wine kits are no different than most other things in life, you get what you pay for, I hope you get the chance to make a WinExpert or KenRidge kit and you will understand what I am talking about. The more expensive kits will give you even greater quality but require longer aging to get the best out of them.

I think that the Beaverdale range is fab value for money, it's my choice for drinking while the good stuff ages.
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

30 Bottle kit delivered , gonna get it on the go along with the Chablis blush......fingers crossed

Don't knock until you've tried it, you never know you might like it............

Sasquatch

Comment

Just bottled it up, as it was left for 5 to 6 weeks after final racking whilst converting my garage....A small glass for taster and was really surprised how good it tasted..gonna give it a few months though to mature, hopefully ready for the Queens Jubilee Street party but if not got plenty of other stuff to poison them with

Don't knock until you've tried it, you never know you might like it............

Sasquatch

Comment

Working...
        X