Virtual Wine Circle Competition - Twitter Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Wine Circle Competition - Twitter Updates

Just wanted to remind everyone that we will be "Twittering & Tweeting" live on the day's event (June 12)....

How does this work, you ask?

Easy!
    1. Go to www.twitter.com
    2. Search for VirtualWineO
    3. You can sign up for an account or view it as a guest (see comment below)
    4. You will be given an entrant number (will be emailed to you once we receive your entries) as well as a letter. The letter will be unique to the bottle.
    5. Keep these numbers/letters handy!
    6. On Twitter, we will be posting in the following format:
      "OC-35-C: 16. Light nose, welcoming. The wine is high in acid, but with addition of sugar, this wouldn't be quite noticeable."
      or
      "RDC-42-B: 18. Beautiful colour, nice nose. A wonderful example of this class."

What does this mean? Entrant 35 is Joe Smith, the third bottle he entered (out of 6!!) in the Open Class (OC). Joe will know that bottle "C" is his asparagus wine. No one else except him and the secretary (that's me) will know who got that remark. He also knows that he's received 16 points total for his wine.

The second comment means: Red Dry Class - Entrant 42 (Jane Doe), the second bottle she entered into the same class (let's say she entered in 2 bottles in Red Dry). She will know that "B" was her elderberry wine. "A" was her kit wine. She will know she got an outstanding score of 18 for her elderberry wine.

Makes sense? If not, let me know.

You don't have to be "following" us to see the tweets we're writing, but if you want a history (in case you missed your wine being judged and commented on), you will have to join the twitter craze.

Remember, though, that 3 classes will be running parallel to one another. This means that there could be a slight delay in getting the comments out on the web. I hope to have a "gopher" for getting the handwritten comments of the judges to me, so I can be busy putting up the comments on twitter.

As always, let us know if this is understandable or not!

M
    Last edited by medpretzel; 12-05-2010, 11:25 AM.
    Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
    Twitter: VirtualWineO
    Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Thank you for all those who are joining up on twitter!

How exciting! We really appreciate the support!

Comment

I won't be joining you, unfortunately. I'll be at the Le Mans 24 Hours, and mobile data rates will be too expensive (even if I can still focus on the screen by then )
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

such a shame, but it sounds like you'll be having fun yourself!

Comment

How many people are following on www.winesathome.co.uk site?

(it's right there, not on the forum, but on the index page)

is it helpful?

is it being followed?

or is it something that isn't so important?

Input needed!

M.

Comment

I don't really follow twitter on a daily basis. I am intending to have a client open (probably the wah front page) on the day of the comp.

Comment

What a wonderfull idea this Twitter is to get information across, I have always steered clear all of Facebook and other sites of that ilk.
              Now will be checking on a daily basis, if time permits ((retired now),to much to do, no time to do it))

Comment

Working...
              X