Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• class question?

HI

Can you explain the difference between the classes for the june comp. For example I have dry whites that are not (mainly) from grapes. would these be open or dry white or either?

thanks in advance

MArk

http://markblades.com
    Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
    These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

exactly. you can enter them in the white dry and the open class if you'd like.

You can enter the same wine (different bottles, though) in different classes. It might be nice to do that (I think so, at least) because then you get 2 different judges assessing the same wine. You can then see the comparisons/differences and their comments that they have for you.

So, white dry is any wine that is white and dry.. It can be made from carrots, grapes, lettuce or whatever you'd wish.
    The same thing goes for the open class.

Just remember to tell us what the main ingredient(s) are!

M.
    Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
    Twitter: VirtualWineO
    Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

By the way, I love your avatar. Cutie doggie!

Comment

Originally posted by medpretzel View Post
        By the way, I love your avatar. Cutie doggie!
        She is Holly, a flat coated retriever who is now a much larger 10 month old hooligan and wine connoisseur. Her nose is far better than mine though she is somewhat less discriminating in what she will drink!

So how do the open and the dry white/red classes differ in terms of judging etc?

regards

Mark
        Last edited by mcblades; 16-05-2010, 04:05 PM. Reason: forgot to ask the question

http://markblades.com
        Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
        These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Comment

It will not differ. Your wines will simply be judged by two different judges.

Comment

Originally posted by mcblades View Post
            So how do the open and the dry white/red classes differ in terms of judging etc?
            Initially it was thought that we may need to have the red dry and white dry judged in the traditional way, and awards made for the top 6 wines, as we would have been short of judges trained in this system, or who may refuse to use the UCDavis system.....

this is now however, patently not the case, some of the most senior judges of the Yorkshire Federation, are not only happy to use this system, but I think we will have a real problem in having enough bottles for the judges who are volunteering to judge.

I am also greatly heartened by today's response from the highest judging Power in the UK, the Executive Committee of the National Guild of Wine and Beer Judges (on which I serve) who not only think this is a great idea, but are also attending Yorkshire Federation comp, and also would like to be involved!!!

It seems we are creating a bit of a buzz boys and girls

keep those entries coming
            Last edited by lockwood1956; 16-05-2010, 04:26 PM.
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

VWC at the national perhaps?
              With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

I offered it to them at their AGM in 2008 but they weren't keen

that of course may change, the important thing is that the hobby benefits from the exercise.
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
                X