This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• currently listening to........

Metallica - Enter Sandman (mainly because I've just ripped it in m4a and flac formats and I've got my entire collection to "re-rip" after a recent "PC distaster).......
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

And after a lot of listening/comparison, I've come to the conclusion that for me, the best format is FLAC, with m4a/AAC (apple format) a close second.

I'm presuming that this is to do with FLAC being a "truly" lossless format.

So if any of you lot want to buy a new "mp3 player" make sure it will support FLAC as well as m4a/AAC and rip into FLAC.

Yes, I'd guess that FLAC files will be larger than m4a/AAC files so you wouldn't get as many to the pound, but if quality is important, then you know it makes sense.

So something like one of theCowon players would do the job........

Your choice....

regards

jtfb

p.s. Oh and at the moment, ripping the excellent Marilyn Mansons "Lest We Forget/The best of"........
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Oooooooh yeah! now the "random" setting has chucked up Marilyn Manson covering "Personal Jesus"........

Some blog ramblings

Comment

A decent cover by the Bloke from Wonder Years ( Iknow that is not true). Personally, I love a bit of rammstien, but have been going through a fairly makor don Mclean phase with a bit of Simon and Garfunkel...

Actually, now I think about it, I'm going to stick some Frank Zappa on!
        Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
        Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
        -Police Squad

Comment

George Jones -Hotter Than A Two Dollar Pistol.

Sun, bourbon and country...

Comment

Genesis - Seconds Out
            “Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!”
            Groucho Marx

Comment

Ken Bruce - Radio 2!

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Silence

After a weekend of other people's power tools, shrieking kids and The Lanmower Chorus, a bit of peace and quiet is lovely.

I might join Koomber in a bit of Rammstein later on, maybe with a helping of Nine Inch Nails too
                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

the sound of the kettle, after another quality "night out" on an industrial estate in Kent.

the breakfast cup of tea will be welcome....

regards

jtfb

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Sad but true

40+ Gb assorted Rock, Metal and Blues + 70+Gb of various other stuff and I can't find anything I fancy listening to.

Regards, Steve

Comment

"Flowers on the Wall", by the Statler Brothers (from sound track of Pulp Fiction)

followed by "Personal Jesus" - the Marilyn Manson version......

excellent

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Paul Jones: Radio 2... Followed by ' The Definative Leadbelly '. Or, maybe, ' Blues Deluxe ' by Joe Bonamassa... Or Robert Johnson...

Sod it, random on the MP3 player sounds good

Best regards

1 Very drunk Steve

Comment

Perhaps some Swervedriver in the ears via the noise cancellers so I don't get ticked off by the boss for being a noisy nuisance.

Comment

God Speed You Black Emperor! - F♯A♯∞ (Truly Awesome)

Comment

Oasis from next door. We shall have words.
                              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Working...
                              X