VWC Comp is here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
    I'm beginning to work out how these comps work - of all the bottles you enter, you have high hopes for one or two: they come nowhere and the one which you just threw in to make up the numbers does really well
    Ah....so it's not just me then!
    Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
      there were many more that were great that I didn't get to taste as the judges pocketed them and took them with them
      You know, the fact that a judge wrote "i will be drinking it this evening" for one of my wines eclipses everything else and would make the whole experience worth while even if there weren't really good notes (which there were!)

It makes me want to go and start another batch right now, though I'm sure my boss wouldn't approve of me using the office kitchen in such a manner.

Comment

Originally posted by benarnold View Post
        You know, the fact that a judge wrote "i will be drinking it this evening" for one of my wines eclipses everything else and would make the whole experience worth while even if there weren't really good notes (which there were!)

It makes me want to go and start another batch right now, though I'm sure my boss wouldn't approve of me using the office kitchen in such a manner.
        If your wine is that good I'm sure he won't mind provided you gave him some!

Though I didn't enter I'm thrilled to bits that it went so well. It was after all a fairly experimental piece of work. The hard work of all those involved has made it a success.

Congratulations to all those who took part and made it so very entertaining for us watchers.
        Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
        Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
        -Police Squad

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
          I'm beginning to work out how these comps work - of all the bottles you enter, you have high hopes for one or two: they come nowhere and the one which you just threw in to make up the numbers does really well
          Ain't that the truth. Last year, I entered a crap strawberry wine in a comp, and it took best in show. On the other hand, the one I had high hopes for didn't even make the finals.
          Steve

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
            On the other hand, the one I had high hopes for didn't even make the finals.
            Yup, I had quite a few of those at the weekend as well
            National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Working...
            X