Mondego Medium Dry White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mondego Medium Dry White

I recently completed a 6 bottle Mondego Medium Dry White kit that I purchased as a cheapy trial.

Instructions were all clear and concise, kit required the addition of some sugar but came with the usuals (yeast, nutrient, stabiliser and finings).

I wasn't expecting much to be honest, but after only a couple of weeks in the bottle this is not bad. It won't excite anyone or offend, but for a simple, pleasant and cheap table wine this is not a bad kit to sample. I would possibly consider a 30 bottle kit if I had to provide wine for a do - cheap and mostly cheerful!

The only downside is that it is a tin kit with a plastic cap - you know the ones. You can't get the lid off without hurting yourself!

I have the red counterpart fermenting at the moment (with additional oak - had some kicking about and could not help myself), will report back when done.

Mondego Kit

I recently made a Mondego Medium Dry Red wine, not bad for a low priced kit, red kits tend to be a little thin but this one isn't bad.
    Couldn't agree moor about the plastic can lid it is a pain to remove.

Comment

Mondego Red Kit

Sorry about spelling--moor should of course be spelt more.:

Comment

I am intrigued to see how it turns out - thanks! I am less worried now

I did a cheapy young's cabernet sauvignon and that turned out thin and rather insipid. Having said that, it was my first attempt and I probably did most things wrong!

Comment

Working...
        X