No announcement yet.

Wine No.1 & Gooseberry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a good question. Looking at my notes, I have never measured the SG afterwards. Everything was done to taste really.
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

You know, I never got round to making this !!
      I really should, as I have the gooseberrys in the cupboard already !!
      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Can anyone tell me if there is a reason for putting the goosberrys in after? If I like my wine dry then would it matter if I put them in in the beginning?
        Malc

Comment

Yes it would matter.

You only add the juice and not the gooseberrys themselves.

If you add at the beginning, most of the flavour can be lost during fermentation. Adding as a late addition or in this case after fermentation has finished the flavour is preserved.

Rob

Comment

I have a batch of this which I keep meaning to bottle (and more to the point taste - again). Really very good indeed - that will be about a year in the DJs (I mixed tinnned gooseberry and tinned lychee juice).
            Simon
            "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Originally posted by SiSandrine View Post
              I have a batch of this which I keep meaning to bottle (and more to the point taste - again). Really very good indeed - that will be about a year in the DJs (I mixed tinnned gooseberry and tinned lychee juice).
              That sounds like a really tasty combination. I think I have both in the cupboard somewhere, I will have to give that one a go.

Comment

Now that I have been reminded that I wanted to try this... and have discovered a few tins of gooseberries in the cupboard already.... I have a bit of a dilema ??
                A couple of the tins in my cupboard are "gooseberries in syrup" some are "in juice"
                Is there a difference in the flavour profile of each of these, does anyone know... or sweetness level ?
                Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Working...
                X