Grapefest - a few questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grapefest - a few questions

Hi following the VWC I have a few questions re Grapfest. There was mention of a virgins guide by Pete but I can't find it. Would you point me in the right direction.

So other questions are:
    What time does it kick off on the Saturday.
    Where is it - I need to check out B&B etc.
    What do we do - is it a destem, crush and come away with the must sort of plan.
    If so then help -advice needed on transporting 5 gallons or so of juice.
    Wife and kids are curious and lets face it I'll have difficulty coming wiithout them - would they be able to see whats going on / lend a hand. when I know where i'll find them something relatively local to do too.

Also - I am away from the end of this week so how do I place the order (this week) for grapes e.g say I wanted enough to make approx 10 gallons merlot (I think we said approx £10 per gallon/crate) would you let me know how I order and pay please.

May seem like idiot questions but after the VWC last night I am very keen to come.

Thanks.
    Simon
    "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Originally posted by SiSandrine View Post
    Hi following the VWC I have a few questions re Grapfest. There was mention of a virgins guide by Pete but I can't find it. Would you point me in the right direction.
    see here

So other questions are:
    What time does it kick off on the Saturday.
    around 10am although we may go a little later this year

Where is it - I need to check out B&B etc.
    its at my house in Knottingley WF11 0DL, dont book B&B without talking to me, we put people up in B&B all the time from my work, i can let you know whats good and what isnt...

What do we do - is it a destem, crush and come away with the must sort of plan.
    If so then help -advice needed on transporting 5 gallons or so of juice.
    thats exactly what it is, you take away juice and skins, and 3.3 (ish) gals will fit in 5 gal pail, so for 10 gals you will need 3 5 gal pails, the skins take up a lot of room.
    Wife and kids are curious and lets face it I'll have difficulty coming wiithout them - would they be able to see whats going on / lend a hand. when I know where i'll find them something relatively local to do too.
    they can lend a hand through the day, but it gets a little more adult chat later in the evening

Also - I am away from the end of this week so how do I place the order (this week) for grapes e.g say I wanted enough to make approx 10 gallons merlot (I think we said approx £10 per gallon/crate) would you let me know how I order and pay please.

May seem like idiot questions but after the VWC last night I am very keen to come.

Thanks.
    dont worry about ordering/paying till you get back
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 26-07-2010, 12:28 PM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Brilliant guide - thanks. Answers all the questions I had.

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
      they can lend a hand through the day, but it gets a little more adult chat later in the evening
      They are young so really only curiosity for them. attention span = roughly 10 minutes hence we will find them something to do during the day. Mme Wyatt is pretty keen to see it all in action tho.

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
      dont worry about ordering/paying till you get back
      Thanks for that. I will try and at least confirm this week.
      Last edited by SiSandrine; 26-07-2010, 10:43 PM.
      Simon
      "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Working...
      X