No announcement yet.

Grapefest Order List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will anyone be able to let me beg, steal or purchase some ML bacteria?

I remember Bob let me have some last year but if there's any floating around this year I'd be very grateful for some please...

HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Hi Dan

You would be most welcome to attend grapefest.....

come dressed to get covered in grapes and grape juice, have fun, meet new people, and drink lots of wine and beer, then either sleep where you fall, or book into a local B&B

Grapefest is great fun.....

Will be doing a small talk on educating the palate and basic wine faults and how to avoid them (very informal) after grape processing, but before main drinkypoo session in the evening.

I'm not sure where your nearest wine circle would be, maybe the lady that runs alan's home brew in the Boro would know...

if not there is always our virtual wine circle that meets in the chatroom
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Okay

Definitely available

Tempranillo
        Grenache (I would avoid unless using it for blend and you particularly want grenache flavour and colour... sugars only around 17%)
        Merlot
        Ciliegiolo
        Sangiovese
        Trebbiano
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

OK.......

Nightmare time (for me anyway....it would seem "definitely" means something different to what I thought it meant))

Visited supplier today in London, to find the Ciliegiolo he had were in pretty bad shape, I commented that I hoped the ones we would have for grapefest would be in better condition.......

to be informed the Ciliegiolo was finished for the year.......now...... the reason we went later in the month was to be assured of all the varieties, which I pointed out.....To be informed the season started two weeks early this year, and consequently stopped 2 weeks earlier......not sure exactly when he was planning on telling me this, i found out by accident today.

Merlot, Sangiovese and Trebbiano unaffected.

Tempranillo and Grenache grapes I examined today were first class, Brix 23, grapes look Fab....however they stop this week.!!!!!!

so if we want them it has to be this week, which means a total ballache for me, if anyone wants them still, they will need to be here when they arrive (not do-able for a lot of you and I apologise, but its circumstances beyond my control) So they will likely be arriving thursday night or eearly Friday morning for processing on Friday. I am probably hiring a van and driving down most likely late thursday night,(when I finish work at 7.00pm) sleep over in London, pick them up earliest opportunity and hopefully back before lunchtime.

Which means for the weekend of Grapefest there will be available:

Merlot
          Sangiovese
          Trebbiano
          Montepulciano

Discussing at length currently with Brian about options for next year, which will likely be grapefest on two days, one early in the month (likely 1st weekend in Sept) for Ciliegiolo, and a weekend later (likely 3rd weekend) for Trebbiano, Merlot, Montepulciano, Sangiovese. You would then attend whichever one suited you best. although there may be options to have your grapes shepherded for you from grapefest 1 to be picked up at grapefest 2.

It's all pie in the sky right now, as my priority is for Grapefest this year, to try and tidy up as best as I can and make sure we have good quality grapes for you all.

The only plus point is that the Merlot is actually available this year. (and not disappeared as in previous years) this year the Cabernet was promised and then disappeared.

I need you all as quickly as possible to make amendments to your orders as you wish, please feel free to ask questions, but I need to get the tempranillo ordered tomorrow night at the latest.

Properly sickened by todays events, and I have just returned home....knackered!

I need a wine
          Last edited by lockwood1956; 12-09-2010, 10:16 PM.
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Sorry to here about the hassle your having bob but it'll all pan out fine I'm sure

Get a few glasses down you

Comment

I'm sure if you weren't putting in this big effort, the whole thing might fall flat on its face.

Keep going

(oh, and order amended)
              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Order amended too..

6 Monte,
                6 Sangi,
                1 Merlot

Cheers Bob, it's appreciated.

Comment

ok no real idea but will only be grapefest so prob 10 merlot 4 trebbliano and 5 sangiovese
                  http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                  http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

I've got 1 bottle of Monte left, that nearly got opened this evening. Will save it to bring along to grapefest. It could well be my oldest wine in stock.. (GF'07)

Comment

I didn't say so earlier, but thank you, it IS appreciated.

6x Merlot
                      6x Trebbiano

Thanks
                      With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

4 Boxes of Sangiovese
                        4 Boxes of Montepulciano
                        2 Boxes of Trebbiano

Thanks for all your effort Bob

Comment

sorry sould be 3 trebbiano
                          http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                          http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Change mine to : 5 Sangiovese, 1 Merlot and 5 Trebbiano please Bob.

And can i second everything thats been said about your efforts mate - it is indeed HUGELY appreciated!

Dave.
                            "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

Well......
                              it will all be worth it on the 25th

Big thanks to Martina and Brian (cellar-rat) .......who kept me sane on the phone yesterday when I was in a tizzwazz juggling options, as they were dissapearing almost quicker than they were appearing.

Sorry to eat up so much of your day on the phone dude, but twas much appreciated.

cheers
                              Bob
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I would like the following please;

Treb x 2
                                Monte x4

And thanks Bob, your huge effort is much appreciated, and I have to say that you're an all round great bloke, Martina's a lucky woman. xx
                                HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Working...
                                X