Winemaking talks/demos at winefest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winemaking talks/demos at winefest

I have been asked to perhaps do some extra curricular stuff at grapefest this year, and wanted to canvas opinion on what you would like to know more about.

kampervan has kindly agreed to do a pulp ferment V's late fruit addition experiment which we can sample...but what else would you like to see/do

We would welcome a talk/demo from anyone interested to do it. (I will be happy to help)

We will do these after processing and clean up, but there will still be time for drinking and cavorting.

There will be places to be to avoid them also

I want Grapefest to be all things to all men (and women) so your ideas and feedback are more than welcomed, but figured it's best to do it either before or after the event, as things get a little "muddled" sat evening
    Nothing..I just want to make the wine and party!
    0%
    Educate the palate
    0%
    Acid measurement and additions
    0%
    Wine faults (tastes and smells) Identification and correction/prevention
    0%
    Wine evaluation and scoring(could be part of educate the palate if needs be)
    0%
    All of the above :)
    0%
    Other....please specify
    0%

The poll is expired.

N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

I voted for wine faults, however, all of the above options (bar the 'doing nothing' one) would be of interest to me Bob, anything i can learn from the 'masters' would be a great help.....so i'm quite happy to go with the flow ;o)
    "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

I voted other: Can we have a demonstration on malolactic fermentation determination by paper chromatography please.
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

We could if the test kits were available in the UK, but they aren't as far as I can tell
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
          We could if the test kits were available in the UK, but they aren't as far as I can tell
          Spot on. Expensive and I have only seen them on the USA sites.
          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

I have the accuvin tests but have not had nuch success with them.....

could of course be user error!
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Poll results skewed slightly...I voted "other" so I could see the poll
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Voted Acid measurement and additions as I have no idea on how to carry this out

Comment

I voted other - any chance we could do Sulphite measurement (wine faults would be good too).
                  Simon
                  "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

My vote went for educate the palate. Probably the most important thing on the list, if you don't know what you are tasting, how do you adjust your wines to suit?
                    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                      Poll results skewed slightly...I voted "other" so I could see the poll

Does "vote poll results" button not show that then ??

I haven't voted...cos I cant attend this year
                      Though, I have just returned from that area of the world
                      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Originally posted by spritzer View Post
                        Though, I have just returned from that area of the world

And you didn't pop in for a cuppa?
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                        X