Grapefest 2010 Ferments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
    I found the difference between cool and room temperature was dramatic.

We actually drank 90% of a bottle of the stuff this evening (couldn't quite make a full topup bottle, so it was either drink it or bin it).

I would have happily served this to a guest - really very drinkable. I'm just hoping some good oak and a year or two's ageing changes it from good to great.

Last year I was drinking the Giologogioiioloioi at Xmas
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• by fluke mistake have worked out 40%merlot 60% monte is a brill blend. 2 wines both a bit rough added together soooo smooth. will have to try blending more... wife said whats that far better than any m&s she buys.
      http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
      http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

• Great minds - or great taste buds think alike?
        I have been doing similar
        5L of monty made up to 18L with Merlot ( in a corny keg).

Which is a bit less that 1/3 monty. I might oak my monty to soften it I think.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

• I recall I moaned about my Merlot 2010 - blamed it on the Rc212. Well it really has come good. Probably best in cellar at the moment. Will have to make a big effort to bottle some and lay it down. Gotta do merlot again this year, after not doing any last year.

Comment

• Had a bottle of 2010 Monte this evening, after first having some commercial Monte first. Not bad at all!

Comment

• If you stilll have some merlot try blending it - real gooooooooooood

Comment

Working...
              X