Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virtual Wine Circle Competition - May 2011!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrdexter View Post
    My 'local' HBS is in the next county but I will be going over before the show, and I know the lovely Wendy will put leaflets on the counter, cos she's lovely like that :-)

edit: Can you update the sticky at the top too maybe to reflect the new form?
    I take it that you are not near Bulwell and the "Cask & Flagon"?

Comment

Originally posted by keefjones View Post
      I take it that you are not near Bulwell and the "Cask & Flagon"?
      Are they still trading?

Dad used to use them and he swapped to Cheers in Long Eaton after they started opening random hours, and he had driven to Bulwell a few times to find them closed.

Comment

Originally posted by medpretzel View Post
        done!
        Still shows a form from 2010 when I open the download?

Comment

Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
          Twitter: VirtualWineO
          Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

But this thread http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=4435 which is a sticky called entrants form, and might be where new people look first still has the old form on.

Sorry, it really looks like I'm nagging now but I was just trying to help present the information to potential new people.

Comment

not a problem. sometimes I forget where I've stickied them.

Will update it!

Comment

done

Comment

OK boys and girls

Time to be thinking of preparing and sending your wines in, I will keep them safe with me till the appointed time. The competition will be judged on the Friday late afternoon/early evening (13th May 2011). This means I will get the pick of judges I want to use, and will only use those who have attended the familiarisation session that I am delivering at the Yorkshire Jufges meeting next month, or those who did a good job last year. The earlier I can get an idea of entrant numbers, the better it will help me plan.....

so in earlier rather than later would be great for me

If you intend being there for the event, there are a few places left at the hotel.....it costs £145 for the weekend (Fri Sat & Sunday....check in fri PM check out Mon am) or you could buy a day ticket and stay at another hotel (there are loads very nearby)

If you would like more info just ask.

It is an opportunity to have a qualified judge give you detailed feedback on your wine, it isnt in competition with other wines, so there is not the normal pressure of comps.

regards
                  Bob
                  N.G.W.B.J.
                  Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                  Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Forgot to add....

last year we had 176 entries, it would be great to beat that number.

It is open to all, but it is especially useful to newbies to winemaking and to comps
                    N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
                    X