Bottle-Cleaning Label-gooo...!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the easy option

I have noticed that a lot more bottle labels (front and back) can be easily removed just by filling up the bottle with hot water for a couple of minutes.

Once the bottle/glue get to an optimum temperature, slowly peel the labels off - it's important that they are dry when performing this near miracle.

The peeled-off label can then be used to tack-off any residual glue. No soaking required!

Give it a go.

Bill

Comment

waggoner: agreed.

se11: Yup. if I detect this type of glue early enough I use a hair dryer
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

My tip

I used nail varnish remover..........but the wife was not pleased!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
          My method is an overnight soak, followed by a sweeping motion with a knife. it becomes quite apparent which label have a water based glue and will clean up easily.
          Reading this thread I was thinking "bet no one uses the back of a butter knife in a sweeping motion after a quick soak in hot water" - a method that I have only just discovered trying to get the harsh glue off a Brothers Toffee Apple Cider Bottle after the plastic label removed

Comment

Soak in hot water followed by a squirt of WD40 is my weapon of choice

Comment

Working...
            X