This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
    It is a new world strain - not (as yet) available in UK, so it will be interesting to see the results.
    Mine turned up as well.......

A completely new strain/isolate ? Or a new world version of an old world strain ?

TVM Brian, I'll report in on it as soon as I get a batch of mead on the go...

regards

jtfb
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

How do you want the details of wines made reported back? posted here or emailed to you?
      Also do you want reports as the wine is made/fermenting,,or at the end when its finished?

Thought i'll ask, as kiwi fruit wine about to be made later..

Thanks again.
      Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

Hi

Pitched my white yeast into a 2 gal batch of lychee wine last night. Rehydrated for half an hour in a cup of must then pitched. As the specs say it ferments best when cold I didn't plug in the heater tray.

When I looked this morning I thought the ferment hadn't got going, but then stuck my ear next to the bucket and all is well. Interestingly there is, to date, no foam at all. Compared to the k1v which volcanoed all over the floor with the same recipe this was a welcome sight (touch wood).

Shall let you know how it proceeds.

regards

Mark

http://markblades.com
        Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
        These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Comment

How's about a new subsection in wine called Cellar rat yeast trials, everyone with some yeast can make their own post, with recipe and details etc and keep it updated as the wine goes on?

I'll see to it when I get home, and not on phone browser.

Comment

I did it Rich

(great idea btw)

anyone starting a wine with these yeasties can start a new thread in this section

regards
            Bob
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

There is a few more going out today.

I still have some of the white (can also be red) left if there are any more takers.
              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Thanks received mine today and will brew some this weekend
                To err is human.. to drink divine...

Comment

I hope I can get my white trial started this weekend. It'll be rhubarb juice + elderflower.
                  Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Thanks Brian, well received today. Will be making a Wine No 1 with it, using both red and white respectively. Get that started next week
                    Keep on Truckin

Comment

Thanks Brian, received this the other day but have been in the middle of a temporary house move, which is why I am thanking you now.

Will try them soon.

Alison

Comment

Hi Brian

How did you get on with the red & white yeast....was it any good?

Whataboy
                        .I'm going to make a new wine & call it responsibly, so other drinks companys advertise for me .. "Drink Responsibly"

Comment

Any news anyone? How are they doing?
                          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

if you have any of both i'll take some just started back wine making now after my winter break the anly stumbling block is i'm in ireland
                            1gal turbo cider bubbling,1gal easy pineapple bubbling
                            4gal elderberry maturing,2gal sugarbeet wine maturing
                            1 gal hedgrow wine maturing,
                            drinking cyser drinking elderflower

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                              Any news anyone? How are they doing?
                              Hi Chap,

I made a 30 bottle white wine 1 using your white yeast and its been great. I say its been great as we recently moved house and I've had no time to sort any wine out so the white has been devastated and enjoy'd by us each night after a long days work then painting etc.

I'm yet to start a rose with your red but I will do.

The wine and was starting to age well. Just wish I could have left it 6 months before trying.

Comment

Thanks Brian

Got yeast a while back and only getting round to using now. Will be trying white wine No1 with it, will let you know how I get on.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                X