Lychee again (IV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lychee again (IV)

Well started mine earlier this week, 2 gallons of Lychee, 1 with Cellar Rat white yeast, 1 with K1v1116. Also a 5 gallon #1 with CRW to have a late addtion of gooseberries.

Started with a starter so I'd have a good amount of yeast to pitch into the 5 gallon and 1 gallon. This took off with visible signs of ferement quite quick.

Wine was made into 2 separate 2 gallon buckets.

2 litres of WGJ
    1 litre of Lychee Juice
    1.5 tins of Lychee's
    Sugar to 1.080
    1/8tsp White Tannin
    1/2 tsp Bentonite
    A few drops of Pectolase

The Lalvin yeast was re hydrated as per packet instructions. The CRW yeast was swirled and a good amount pitched.

It's taken a day or so for the Lalvin to be taking off, But the CRW is foaming a treat, up to the top of the bucket. I think this is down to the Rubicon juice, as the 5 gallon #1 isn't showing any signs of excess foaming.
    Attached Files

What is the temp are you fermenting at?
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

The two 1 gallons are at about 18 to 20 (Kitchen room temp)), the 5 gallon #1 is at 18c (Temp controlled beer brewing fridge)

Comment

Well, this morning was the Lalvins turn to be foaming away. Not too much mess to clean up.

Comment

Update

These got a dose of finings last week ,then racked off.

So they got bottled today!

Given a few bottle pairs away to get some other feedback.

Will sample over the next few days.

When I've sussed out a picture resizer for windows 7 I'll post pic.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Rich; 02-04-2011, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Paint shop pro still works well under 7
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
            X