Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BrewTrax Software - v1.2 released!!

I am pleased to announce we have just released BrewTrax v1.2

I have to say a massive "thanks" to many people on Wines At Home for supporting BrewTrax in these early stages. We are a small company and rely on feedback and help from home-brewers "in the know" like your goodselves. Over the last few weeks I have gathered a huge amount of feedback from people using BrewTrax on this forum and also from the open discussion in the Virtual Wine Circle meeting a few weeks ago.

Here is a summary of the main features and fixes......

- Diary/Scheduler is now fully integrated into the “My Brews” module. You can now select a brew and create diary entries and reminders for that brew. E.g. you can set yourself a reminder to rack, test, add finings etc.

- Diary/Scheduler is now fully integrated into the “My Cellar” module. You can now set reminders directly from the cellar, such as reminding yourself to test or taste a wine.

- Test results area now allows you to capture brew temperature, Brix, free So2 & total So2 (in addition to the existing test results for SG, TA and PH)

- New graphical chart allows you to view any of the test results side by side. For example you may wish to view and compare your Brix, SG and Temperature results on a single chart for a specific brew.

- Ability to add any bottle size you wish to BrewTrax. We already had the “common” bottle sizes, but you can now add your own.

- Manual ABV calculator. BrewTrax already calculates the ABV for any of the brews entered, but this is a handy tool to have for manual calculations. More calculators on the way too.

- Scheduler “List View”. Allows you to print a complete list of diary entries/reminders so you can plan your brewing actions\events for a given day, week, month etc.

- Scheduler “Timeline View”. Allows you to view your diary over any period of time, with full details of your reminders. Print it off ready to take into your cellar/brewing area etc.

- 15 new additional fields to log any additions you add to your brew, during the brewing/fermentation process. Several people wanted to log different items such as when Tannin was added, K-Meta, F-Pac etc. As everyone had a slightly different requirement, we have also added the ability to customise and add exactly what fields you want, rather than the software dictate what details you can and can’t record.

- New “Maintenance” section allows you to more easily backup & restore your data and locate your backup files.

- Ability to change the overall BrewTrax layout. There is now a “Horizontal” or “Vertical” setting which will stack the viewing panels side by side or on top of each other.

- Changed the way start, bulk-ageing, bottle ageing/conditioning dates worked; including some improvements to the bottling and completion wizard to make bottling your wines and moving them to the cellar much easier/faster.

- Several other fixes and other minor improvements (over 20) to the software. All of which are available to view from our documentation should those of you with a more technical background wish to read up on.

Some of you will actually get more new features than the above, as you are running even older versions. I would strongly advise you upgrade as soon as you can to take advantage of the changes.
    Existing users will shortly see a prompt to upgrade their software, as soon as they start it. Please follow the instructions to upgrade. It’s a quick and simple process.

Again, I can't stress enough how important it's been to get everyones feedback on the forum. I look forward to hearing more, ready for the "next" version.... although I might treat myself to a small glass of vino and night's sleep now...

Many thanks, Stuart
    Last edited by AquaCom; 14-03-2011, 12:48 AM.
    Stuart

View My Current BrewTrax Stat's here
    BrewTrax forum discount details here

Full release notes here:

http://www.aquacom.co.uk/Documentati...onHistory.aspx
    Stuart

Comment

Also...there are a few people still running quite old versions (pre-release copies etc) Anyone using v1.1 or older should go to the upgrade page directly and follow the instructions, rather than use the automated upgrade.
      The beta versions were not fully enabled for automated upgrades. You'll also be missing out on a lot of the newer features...

http://www.aquacom.co.uk/Documentation/BrewTrax/updateguide.aspx
      Stuart

Comment

omg just watched the demo wear can i get it and how much .

Comment

Hi Jay,

Thanks. Glad you liked the demo video
          The software is £19.99, but Wines At Home members get a discount. I will PM you the details and promotional code
          Stuart

Comment

Any plans for a linux version yet?

if .NET is the stumbling block there is always mono to replace it.

regards

Mark

http://markblades.com
            Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
            These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Comment

This looks ideal know what I'm asking santa for

Comment

Looks to me as if BrewTrax is no longer available. Is that right? Is there an alternative? I've searched the forum for "software", without luck.
                TIA

Comment

Have you looked into BeerSmith?

Comment

Thanks HLA91. Looks interesting. Have you used it?

Comment

Yes I have quite a bit when I was all grain brewing. Found it very useful and for the price (£20/£30ish I believe) was well worth it.

Comment

Working...
                      X