Foaming heck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed - very gently. A pinch.
    The last thing you need is too much at this late stage.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Nutrient

I know I put it in the rose mix cos it's listed on the post it - 1/2 tsp - so I probably put it in the lychee but didn't write it in my notes.

I'll take an SG reading later and hope for the best. The action in the fermenter has slowed but it still looks acceptable for this stage.

The rose is really going for it, great airlock action, but with no more frothy volcano.

Thanks for the help (and the yeast CR).

Bill

Comment

Nutrient added

Yesterday - six days in - added about 1/8th tsp of nutrient to lychee and topped up.

Today the eggy smell has almost gone. The ferment is slowing but seems to be going well - SG is at 1.006.

The rose seems happy enough. Started 24 hours after the lychee the rose's SG is down to 1018 today and fizzing nicely.

Comment

1/8 tsp was a good choice. Best to deal with it soonest as it can taint.
          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Would I be right to rack them off their lees today - even though SGs continue to drop and and airlocks bubble?

Comment

IMO no panic to get them off the lees.

Comment

just for info

As you might expect, after the ambient temperature in the production area (under my stairs) rose and leveled at about 19c yesterday the topped-up lychee came up through its airlock. No spatter on the wall as before though.

There were more small bubbles in the neck of the rose fermenter, but no up and over this time.

Bill

Comment

Lychee SG down to 996 today. Rose 998.

Comment

Racked

Both have been racked off for the first time. The rose has finished but there is still some life in the lychee, which continues to have a slow but regular stream of small bubbles rising.

The rose tastes great already and the lychee is developing a real depth of flavour.
                    Last edited by SE11; 01-04-2011, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Excellent!
                      N.G.W.B.J.
                      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

results

Excelllant news. This is the sort of stuff i was hopibg to ascertain. Getting a real understanding for the effect the yeasys mey jave on the fonished prpsuct. No o havent been drinkong this os my forat ppst feom a samsumg galaxy tab. Brilliant bit of kit, but ineed afinger upgrade. :-o

Comment

lol
                          N.G.W.B.J.
                          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                            Excelllant news. This is the sort of stuff i was hopibg to ascertain. Getting a real understanding for the effect the yeasys mey jave on the fonished prpsuct. No o havent been drinkong this os my forat ppst feom a samsumg galaxy tab. Brilliant bit of kit, but ineed afinger upgrade. :-o
                            Eh? Have you been at your own brew CR?

Comment

Pleased in brought a smile. That post was from my wifes Samsung Galaxy tab. Like a big Iphone (or a small ipad) and quite frankly twice as good as both of them put together.

But it does have a pop-up keypad, which when you type fast gives you brilliant gobble-dee-gook which is almost read - so I left it!!

Comment

Plastic Containers

The images in this thread appear to be 'water containers' is that correct. Glass DJ cost a fortune.

What’s the largest volume water container available and from where?

Comment

Working...
                                X