Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home made press and crusher - summer 11 projects

Hi,
    As part of building excitement as the summer wine season starts I have decided to build a super duper wine press and fruit (mainly apple) pulper. Proper stuff this based on info in previous posts here and other resources. Anyway work is underway and I will post updated pictures as I go (in case anyone is interested).

Phase 1 - The press bits.
    Press basket is washing machine drum. Removed from washing machine I got off freecycle. A few bursts of the angle grinder later and voila.
    As the base wasn't level - very disappointing I decided to fill with concrete and then polish it (with a sander and some coarse wood grit paper). Beautiful finish and have ordered some polished concrete worktop sealer from ebay.
    Plywood is all skip rescued and 18ml thick. For the press cap I glued two together with Stick Like S**T and screwed with brass woodscrews.
    I have a 2 tonne bottle jack which will provide hydraulics and some old fence posts which will provide frame. Will post photos when I have another free weekend and get on with it.
    Attached Files
    Simon
    "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

have you found my build your own press PDF which must be somewhere round here...
    Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 29-03-2011, 07:16 PM.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

If you mean http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/s...ead.php?t=3939 then yes but also no as the link doesn't work. Any chance of a repost.
      Simon
      "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

it seems it is too big to be uploaded - I have emailed.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Received. Thanks Brian.
          Simon

Comment

Working...
          X