Virtual Wine Circle Comp 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Wine Circle Comp 2011

OK boys and girls, time to get your wines/beers/ginger beers into the VWC competition at Scarborough on 13th May

drop me a PM with your name and address and I will send you out the 250ml PET bottles and labels, alternatively, you can send the wine to me in 250ml bottles of any description and we can rebottle at this end.

bottles cost 30p each, postage and packaging was £1.72 (at last years prices, and the entry fee (set by YFAWB) is 50p per bottle

Rob and Ian, your bottles will go out this week

its a great way to get an evaluation of your wine by experienced wine and beer judges, the wine is only assessed against itself, and you will get detailed feedback

its also great fun

rolll up roll up
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

New bottles have (finally) arrived, and are ready to be sent out.

(Ian and Rob yours went 1st class this morning)
    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Thanks Bob. Now I need to find the time to have a bottling session as most of my wine is currently in DJs.

Rob

Comment

I'll post mine down to you in some plastic bottles Bob.

Comment

Will send mine up in the purple top bottles I bought off Bob at GF. A little worried about bottle shock given I have done the bottling yet (this weekend) but hey ho.
          Simon
          "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

How about some of you new members?

Its a great way to get feedback on your wine, it is not being "judged" in the traditional sense, it is being evaluated and you will be given tips for improving it. The wine is not competing against other wines, as there are no 1st, 2nd, 3rd places etc. You will receive a full A4 sheet of feedback

New winemakers are likely a little shy of having their wines "critiscised" but this is not how it works, its as though the judge had walked into your living room, and you handed him or her the glass and asked, what do you think? You will get friendly, and constructive feedback.

roll up roll up

regards
            Bob
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I'm a newbie and I'm entering some wines in the VWC comp. They will mostly be wine no.1 and no.2 variants as I only started making wine last October and haven't got anything else ready for bottling yet. I do have some homegrown grape wine which is the first wine I made last year and is "interesting" so that may be entered.

I'm hoping to use the competition to find out if my wine making skills are heading in the right direction.

Rob
              Last edited by robwrx; 23-04-2011, 08:31 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Seen the post and thought would like to have a go,,but being fairly new too, (only started september time making wine), thought that i would have nothing worthy to enter,, thinking maybe next year!!

But just filtered the 5 gallons of wine no1, with the tin of youngs elderflower added, and its not too bad,,,so doing that and reading Bobs post,,,,go on then i'll have a go...i got 5 gallons of different ones to filter and bottle too over the next couple of days of i'll see whats there too....

So PM sent...
                Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

I am entering 2 wines in the Yorkshire Federation comp that are still fermenting
                  National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Sounds like I need to get my backside in gear!
                    I'll be sending a few up I think Bob.....
                    Stuart

View My Current BrewTrax Stat's here
                    BrewTrax forum discount details here

Comment

Just Posted off my 3 bottles for the comp,,first time i've done this so hope the labeling/description is ok on them..
                      Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

Don't worry...if it isn't right we will amend it before the comp

N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Just finished a marathon bottling session and got 3 of my entries for the competition done. Time is running out to get many more sorted but I will try to get all 6 done.

Comment

Sorry Bob/Martina, I'm going to skip this one.

Too much work / hassle / stuff going on here at the mo. Normal service will be resumed soon, I hope
                            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Is there a whiskey section?
                              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
                              X