Turbo cider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo cider

Hi,I have just done a Tc, starting gravity was 1047 finishing was 0.998, about 6.75% i think. That was with the original 4 ltr i put in. How do i work out final % with an extra ltr of juice topped up with . Thanks
    Last edited by kojak; 09-06-2011, 07:03 PM.

Is it not 5.4%?

6.75% x 4litres % 5 litres?
    Feel the Zin

Comment

Lol I've no idea how to work it out. Thought the extra juice may have made % go a little higher, not that i want it really high, its my first try at TC. I made it with 5lrs of apple juice 200g of sugar and 2 spoonfuls of honey. Tastes quite nice, very dry, wife loves dry cider so its a winner for me. needs to carbonate in bottle yet. have a young's lager kit nearly ready to drink, which is OK ish.
      Last edited by kojak; 09-06-2011, 07:08 PM.

Comment

A handy guide is:

total SG drop div by 7.36, this will give ou a "near enough" guide

so you needed to measure the SG after the top up added...as this will increase the % alc

your original SG drop was 1.047 to 0.998 which is a drop of 49 making 6.6% alc approx, the litre of top up prolly added around another 1% or so
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Thanks for that.

Comment

no probs
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Can somebody give me the recipe and instructions for turbo cider?

Cheers

lisa

Comment

yes

From homewinemaking.co.uk Well this is as easy as it gets! (called turbo as its so quick and easy) Ingredients: 4.5L of pure apple juice 1tsp yeast Method: 1. Place 3L of apple juice into a demijon (assumeing everything is sterile) 2. PLace 1tsp of yeast into the demijon 3. shake 4. leave for 36-48hrs to ferment
                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                X