• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My order arrived safe and sound.
    Attached Files

Comment

Party at Teds then
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by Ted.B View Post
        My order arrived safe and sound.
        DEDICATION!!!
        Stuart

View My Current BrewTrax Stat's here
        BrewTrax forum discount details here

Comment

I was bricking it that the meeting was this weekend! Bombing up the road from Edinburgh. First time in my life that I have ever been in a Homebrew shop!

I'm looking forward to the next VWC meet up. Though I think I might take a trip to TedB's!
          Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
          Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
          -Police Squad

Comment

Originally posted by koomber View Post
            I was bricking it that the meeting was this weekend! Bombing up the road from Edinburgh. First time in my life that I have ever been in a Homebrew shop!

I'm looking forward to the next VWC meet up. Though I think I might take a trip to TedB's!
            They're mine, all mine ! My precious !

Anybody else listening to TMS right now? Looks like England are going to go 1-0 up in the series against India. Wish I had thrown a sicky now and gone to Lords to see it all happening.

Comment

Anybody else listening to TMS right now? Looks like England are going to go 1-0 up in the series against India. Wish I had thrown a sicky now and gone to Lords to see it all happening.
              I had to work yesterday afternoon and evening. Managed to record it AND get home without finding out the result. I'm a bit sleep-deprived today after watching it through the night
              Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

I am now booking 5th days of the tests as provisional holidays at work, gutted I didn't have the foresight to do this for Lords.

Comment

I am now booking 5th days of the tests as provisional holidays at work, gutted I didn't have the foresight to do this for Lords.
                  Good man (although I think you might be cricket-less on Tuesday ).

Well, I managed to find a bottle of tonight's wine in Sainsbury's, so I'm ready to go.

(More accurately, I looked up and down the wine aisle, in vain, for 10 minutes, then Mrs. G sauntered up and said 'is that it?', pointing to the correct wine within 4 seconds of arriving )
                  Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

My uncle got taken into hospital yesterday so I'm playing host to my parents (and since they are very much from up North (the real north, not Bob's mock north) that means driving them around Aberdeen and to the hospital. If I can get shot of them I'll be at the meeting, other wise I'll try and ctach the wrap up
                    Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                    Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                    -Police Squad

Comment

Hope your uncle is ok, Graham.

I found a bottle of the wine only yesterday as well. I had a bottle from the last meeting where we were going to taste it, but it came up missing (probably one of wife's cronies), and so had to find a replacement.

All's well that ends well I suppose.

Looking forward to this evening's chat.
                      Steve

Comment

Well for once I have been totally disorganised. Been working away and thought I would have chance to grab the bottle of Zin today. Well, that plan went wrong, so I find myself wine-less for the evening
                        I have one very slim chance that the local co-op has it but it's not listed as a wine they stock
                        Stuart

View My Current BrewTrax Stat's here
                        BrewTrax forum discount details here

Comment

Just to whet everyone's palate a bit for this evening's tasting, here are a couple of YouTube video links. Hopefully, you are able to view these. Both vids feature Joel Peterson of Ravenswood Winery.

In the first video, Joel talks a little about the history of winemaking in California.In the second video, Joel discusses Zinfandel's roots, arrival in the new world, and how the grape eventually found a home in northern California.Enjoy!
                          Steve

Comment

Most excellent Steve, great background for tonight.

top banana
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Good meeting last night.

Tasting was a treat, especially with the notes to read beforehand. Good job Steve.

We didn't decide on a wine for the next tasting, well we did, but it was decided (I was on the phone) that I would distribute Ian's (kampervan) wine to members. This unfortunately will not be possible, my schedule over the next 3 weeks is crazy, I need to organise Pontefract wine show, and have grapefest all set up and ready to run by end of week 3 as i go on holiday in week 4.

so other suggestions as to wine for tasting need to be found, for this time round.

Most kind of you to offer Ian, and if no-one steps up as distributor, perhaps we can do it for the september meet?

regards
                              Bob
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Might I suggest (and I suggested last night as well) a tasting of a commercial port?

Most of the large Portuguese Port producers are British in origin (Taylor, Graham's, Dow, Warre), and well represented in the States, so it should be easy enough to find a brand we all have availability to. We even have a decent variety of Australian Port in most stores here, if a suitable Portuguese wine can't be found. Non-vintage Ruby port can be a good value wine, so it shouldn't break the bank.

And if you really wanted to round out the tasting, we could also ask everyone to have a blue cheese sample on hand (Roquefort, Stilton, Gorgonzola - doesn't really matter the type) to demonstrate how well Port pairs with a pungent cheese.

Just a notion.
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X