Grapefest 2011 (an update)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SiSandrine View Post
    So, to be clear, has Grapefest moved to Walmington-On-Sea?

Don't tell him Pike?
    It's that damned bank clerk......

Which is fine, as long as he sells me the van so I can transport myself up to yorkcestershire land.......
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

With a week to go........

We will meet up for a curry the evening before (Fri 9th September) for those arriving early. Check the curry attendee list and if you are coming and your name isnt on the list let either goldseal or myself know...

Cellar_Rat (Brian) Making Wines from Grapes, do's dont's and maybe's followed by Q&A session

Koomber: (Grahanm) SO2 testing, MLF testing, acidity testing followed by Q&A session

Goldeal: (Pete) Methods and benefits of degassing followed by Q&A session

Duffbeer: (Karl) Filtering methods Enolmatic/minijet/harris followed by Q&A session

Kampervan: (Ian) Fruit wine must preparation and use of steam juicer followed by Q&A session

Lockwood1956: (Bob) Educate the palate..Evaluating wine and identifying wine faults and fault correction followed by Q&A session, Round table evaluation session, bring along your wine, and have it analysed, get useful feedback as to how to improve it.

Wine swap......

Bring a bottle...take another winemakers bottle away (bring 2 bottles take two away etc etc)

Bring a bottle of previous years efforts: if you dont have grape wines available, bring something else

Karl will be doing another "big prize" raffle
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Will also be putting on a large pan of corned beef hash & bread rolls for later when the munchies set in. Decided to avoid the normal curry with many going for curry on Friday.
        Discount Home Brew Supplies
        Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
        Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
        National Wine Judge
        N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

It is important to state that Karl's use of the Enolmatic for the Filtering Methods demo will be entirely dependent on me not breaking it in the previous demo .

I will also be performing unrehearsed and without a safety net.
          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Karl, I'm dribbling, sorry salivating again

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
              It is important to state that Karl's use of the Enolmatic for the Filtering Methods demo will be entirely dependent on me not breaking it in the previous demo .

I will also be performing unrehearsed and without a safety net.
              Your not the only one! I'm currently battering out a presentation on the three test methods. Hopefully I'll be able to nab some gear to do the SO2 testing at the time. The MLF testing might be a bit tricky as it takes about a day. The test actuall needs to develop like a photo (which I think is kinda cool
              Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
              Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
              -Police Squad

Comment

Yikes. I have been focused on the grape order - what was I doing again - eek.

I remember now a powerpoint on golf

Bob - do we need a projector (and not for the footy!)
                Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

I will set all of that that up
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                    So we may as well cancel the enolmatic filtering method now then?
                    Originally posted by crusher View Post
                    Karl, I'm dribbling, sorry salivating again
                    Bibs are not provide Malc, so make sure Jean has given you a trim before hand .
                    National Wine Judge
                    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
                      Bibs are not provide Malc, so make sure Jean has given you a trim before hand
                      lol
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

No way am I letting Jean near me with scissors !!! the longer my beard the more "seconds" can be stashed in there Might even be a bit of curry left from the Ruchee

Comment

Will you be posting your presentations on here, for those of us who aren't there?

Comment

I am intending videoing the presentations, and they will (eventually) be uploaded to the winesathome youtube channel...

regards
                            bob
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
                              No way am I letting Jean near me with scissors !!! the longer my beard the more "seconds" can be stashed in there Might even be a bit of curry left from the Ruchee
                              National Wine Judge
                              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                                I am intending videoing the presentations, and they will (eventually) be uploaded to the winesathome youtube channel...

regards
                                bob
                                Have got a new sparkly HD video camera and a tripod if it is of any help Bob?
                                "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

Working...
                                X