Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

yes please
      http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
      http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

me again
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

me too
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Me please !

Comment

Graham,
              Count me in too. Sorry for slow response but I have been on holiday.

Many Thanks
              Simon
              "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

No problem. I'm still getting the bottles sorted.

Lets all hope that they do what they're supposed to. I'll hopefully get some tests doen this weekend.
                Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
                Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
                -Police Squad

Comment

That's the presentation done and the chemicals ready.

Some slight changes to the plan though. We've had Offshore Europe in Aberdeen this week and it has been a bit mental so I wasn't able to get as much prep as I liked done.

Firstly, I wasn't able to grab any labware for the demonstrations, but this should only really affect the SO2 test. I'd like to have done this, but unfortunately that's not going to be possible. I'll still cover it though and I still have the test kits themselves.

Secondly, I've taken enough for those that asked. I'm really sorry about this, but there were just too many bottles to prepare and the week has not given me much in the way of free time.

Thirdly... well thirdly will wait until Saturday.
                  -Police Squad

Comment

Thanks for your efforts so far, Graham.

I might even leave the Proclaimers music at home.

(not really )
                    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
                      I might even leave the Proclaimers music at home.

(not really )
                      I certainly won't!!!

Top effort Graham - looking forward to your talk!!
                      "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

For every 500 miles I walk there shall be a my little pony.

You have been warned.
                        -Police Squad

Comment

Thanks matey. Looking forward to the talk. See you Sat.
                          Simon
                          "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Great talk Graham, enjoyed it very much, and learned a lot

loved Brian and Ian's talks too

coming to a DVD player near you, sometime soon

cheers
                            N.G.W.B.J.
                            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Just something you chaps might like to try with the Richie's acid test kit. Add some of the test solution into the must without the indicator.

I'm betting most people will be surprised with the colour change. I was but when your doing the titration it helps if you dilute the sample of must with distilled water, and you look at where the test solution enters the sample. It will go a little pink in that area, the test is complete once you can't see the pink any more.

And Finally (ish)

I'd like to thank all those who attended Grapefest for making it a great event, those who talked, those who crushed and those (like me) who hid until the real work was over.

A straw poll suggests that next year a talk on water chemistry with regards to beer would be appreciated.

I'd especially like to thank the (Gigantic) spider in Pete's car for not eating him when Pete politely asked him to move from the passenger seat. And I thank god that Brian left the marker pen in the hotel when I had a wee kip during the wine tasting.
                              -Police Squad

Comment

Woops. That bit about 'not seeing the pink any more is rubbish. The test is done once you start to see a faintish pink colour that hangs around.

I await my burning at the steak for lying.
                                -Police Squad

Comment

Working...
                                X