Grapes available for sale in Warwickshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grapes available for sale in Warwickshire

I have a very large old vine in my garden which each year produces a heavy crop of black grapes. I am told that the variety is likely to be Black Hamburg because of the age of the vine. No fertilizers are used on or near the vine so I am assuming that the grapes are 'organic'

Would anyone be interested in buying this fruit?

What sort of quality do you expect and what price do you want please?
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Normally the fruit is of a quality that we happily eat it - ie it is not too tart. Am open to offers on price

Comment

The price paid for grapes is always dependant on sugar and acid levels. although they may taste fine for eating, the acidity in them "could" be too high for winemaking, this will not be noticeable when eating them as the sugar content masks the acidity, but once the sugar is fermented out, the acidity dominates. So it is vital (for winemakers) to know the level of sugar present in the grapes, before a) deciding if to buy or not and b) what price is paid.

The normal arrangement in these circumstances is to give the winemaker the grapes and receive 50% of the wine back in return.

regards
        Bob
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Black Hamburgh makes a nice rose (I have taken prizes with it) but the fruit needs to be fully ripe. (seeds brown and sugar levels above 17 brix)
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I would be happy to take up Bob's suggestion that I receive 50 per cent of wine produced from the grapes

Comment

Sounds too much like bottling to me
              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
              X