Grape order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grape order

For Grapefest this year the following grapes should be available.

• Italian Trebbiano (white)
    • Italian Sangiovese (black)
    • Spanish Garnacha (black)
    • Italian Gilligiorlo (black)
    • Italian Merlot (black) * running late

The grapes will be £8 per case (bit more this year due to increased fuel costs I am told)

Ordering
    If you would like some grapes please post your order here as a reply and then please post your money to me

Please also consider your second choice or the words 'none'

For example reply ...

10 x Merlot (2nd choice Sangiovese)
    - or -
    5 x Trebbiano (2nd choice none)

Paying
    If you prefer you can use Internet banking to account 29 36 26 60 sort code 30-84-52 name B Peacock (don't rush - I only set it up 5 mins ago)
    Remember to put your WaH name in the reference – this will save you paying for other peoples grapes !

Cheques are also OK.
    I would rather not use Paypal, as there is a fee to pay.

Confirmation
    When monies arrive I will update the spreadsheet attached to THIS POST (in PDF format) as confirmation.
    If you don’t make it onto the spreadsheet – just panic
    On the last Wednesday before Grapefest (7th September) I will put the final orders on the spreadsheet and we can all check it.
    Thursday noon is the deadity dead deadline.

Delivery
    All grapes, which have been paid for, will be on the spreadsheet, will be delivered to Grapefest.

Communications
    PLEASE! Lets use the forum in this way – I am hoping it will help organise things better than loads of phone calls & emails etc etc (which only result in me scribbling on fag packets, which often grow legs and run off – never to be seen again)

SPECIAL NOTE. Harvest is later this year and grapefest is earlier - so please state you second choice if your first is unavailable.
    This PARTICULARLY APPLIES TO MERLOT a mid season crop.

DON'T PM me please, simply because it is something I don’t remember to check too often.

Finally yeasties
    I have BDX, BM 4X4 & BM45 I will bring them on the day - lets do that separately.

I think thats it - any questions post em here and I will do my best !!

Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 07-09-2011, 07:19 AM.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Am I excited or what!!!!!!!!

Brian

Hopefully I've got this correct

6 x Italian Trebbiano (2nd choice Gilligiorlo)
    7 x Italian Sangiovese (2nd choice Garnacha)
    7 x Italian Merlot (2nd choice Garnacha)

and an IOU for £160.

Cheers
    Rob
    Last edited by robwrx; 01-09-2011, 09:04 PM. Reason: 2nd choice added to Trebbiano

Comment

Brian, can yu expand on 'running late' please? A good chance of being available, or not likely?

Ta
      Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

7 x Italian Sangiovese (2nd - merlot)
        7 x Merlot (Second Choice - Garnacha)

Will sort the money out by bank transfer later tonight.

14 cases - £112

Cheers,

Rich

Edit: payment sent via bank transfer
        Last edited by Rich; 01-09-2011, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
          Brian, can yu expand on 'running late' please? A good chance of being available, or not likely?
          Should be ok
          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
            .. by bank transfer later tonight.
            The bank account seems to be working - just squirted a fiver in test it.

And the latest PDF is now uploaded

Comment

Could somebody please give a 'thicko' a bit of a helping hand.
              I am planning on making red wine only. I am also planning on using 25 litre plastic jerricans to move my grapes about in.

If I was to have 8 25 litre jerricans, how many boxes of grapes should I order ?

This was the kind of jerrican I had in mind.

Depending on how many jerricans I can get in the boot of my car, it may only be 6 jerricans so I shall have to get the tape measure out before I order.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

You'll struggle with those, I think.

Pressed red grapes are a wet mush - you'll struggle to get them through the hole.

If you have to go with those, I'd say 2.5 boxes per can
                Pete the Instructor

Comment

you going to have a lot of fun getting crushed grapes into these
                  http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
                  http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Each of those hold about 4.5 max 5 cases I reckon.

What you also need is a large traffic cone! (cut down they make a brill funnel that fits these perfect!)
                    Attached Files

Comment

I would suggest transporting grape must in food grade buckets with a lid that has a hole drilled for an airlock.

Something like this:

I don't know if this is an option, but I like something like this myself, especially if you are purchasing larger quantities:

They are larger and the lid has a sealing ring. They are also short enough that they will fit in most hatchbacks. I have a Toyota Yaris and can fit four of these in the back with the seats folded down.
                      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                        Each of those hold about 4.5 max 5 cases I reckon.

What you also need is a large traffic cone! (cut down they make a brill funnel that fits these perfect!)
                        not sure about the capacity. We were getting 3 boxes into a 30l bucket last year.
                        Pete the Instructor

Comment

I will have to see what kind of thing I can get in the boot of my car when I get back up home this weekend then. Maybe I am worrying too much about spillage from buckets with lids. That is why I have been looking at jerricans.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted.B View Post
                            Maybe I am worrying too much about spillage from buckets with lids.
                            Two words: bungee cords.

I bungee all my buckets together, and then bungee all that to a door handle, or a seat. There is no spillage.
                            Steve

Comment

Grape order

7-Merlot ( 2nd choice Italian Sangiovese )
                              7-Spanish Garnacha (2nd choice Merlot or Italian Sangiovese)

£112-will transfer funds.

Comment

Working...
                              X