Grape order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PDF updated
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
      You got me intrigued now? Why not?
      I just feel safer with anything heavy safely tucked away in the boot. This may have something to do with the time I was assailed by a very large and heavy tool box from the rear of a Ford Fiesta after some daft sod pulled out in front of me and forced me to jump on the brakes.

Comment

I can see the problem. Imagine, stepping out of the car after a prang, drenched in Merlot as the police pull up. "Honestly officer I haven't been drinking and although it smells a bit like wine it isn't even fermented. You can lick me if you don't believe me."
        Simon
        "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Brian

I've just noticed you have added Gilligiorlo to the list so I have changed my order slightly to have this as a 2nd choice for the Trebbiano.

Also I have just payed you, hopefully.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by SiSandrine View Post
            I can see the problem. Imagine, stepping out of the car after a prang, drenched in Merlot as the police pull up. "Honestly officer I haven't been drinking and although it smells a bit like wine it isn't even fermented. You can lick me if you don't believe me."

Comment

Originally posted by robwrx View Post
              Brian

I've just noticed you have added Gilligiorlo to the list so I have changed my order slightly to have this as a 2nd choice for the Trebbiano.

Also I have just payed you, hopefully.

Rob
              Updated your order - I will check the bank again a bit later to see if your payment has landed. Funny some seem real quick.
              Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

PDF updated

Comment

I haven't ordered yet, but I will do so soon - currently wandering around the garage with a tape measure and a worried expression
                  Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

4 x Italian Trebbiano (2nd choice Cilligiorlo)
                    3 x Italian Merlot (2nd choice Italian Sangiovese )

Cheers Brian will transfer money asap

Comment

Payment made cheers

Comment

pdf updated

Comment

Anyone else struggling to decide between Sangiovese or Ciliegiolo. If so any points of view that may tip me one way or t'other.
                          Simon
                          "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

my vote is Ciliegiolo

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
                              my vote is Ciliegiolo
                              Agreed, Sangiovese has a lot of earthy tones that can be off putting, not a fan myself.
                              Discount Home Brew Supplies
                              Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                              Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                              National Wine Judge
                              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Ciliegiolo is a very close relative of Sangiovese, but is much fruitier, in fact it is known as the cherry grape....

it does have a very cherry nose, produces a lighter fruitier wine than Sangiovese does. Sangiovese is a grape I have had a little success with (best in show 2007) but find difficult to produce repeatable results, this is, I think, more a fermentation management issue, sangiovese needing (I feel) a bit more TLC as well as attention to nutrient and yeast needs, than other varieties during fermentation. So yeast choice is more critical than some varietals, the award winning version was made with Lalvin RC-212, and the ferment went through some strange smelling phases, and needs staged nutrient additions to make good wine.....is it worth the extra effort?....sure if you want a chianti style, then you need a sangiovese base

hope that helps

regards
                                Bob
                                N.G.W.B.J.
                                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
                                X