Grapefest thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grapefest thank you

I've just arrived home from my first Grapefest and what a great weekend it was. I have learnt more about winemaking over this weekend than I have in the last eleven months since I started my first brew.

I would like to thank everyone for all the friendly helpful advice given but especially to Rich and Brian for manning the crusher destalker, Pete for helping me with pressing my Trebbiano, Karl and his wife for supplying supper and Bob for the use of his equipment, kitchen and for being a great host.

The bottle swap was not quite what I had in mind as in the end it turned from being bring a bottle and take a bottle to let's open everything and drink it It was good way of seeing what quality handmade wines are being produced and gave me a good indication of what my merlot might be like next year.

So thanks again to everyone and roll on Grapefest 2012.

Regards
    Rob

Yes unfortunately the wine swap kind of got forgotten...

lots of new things happened this year cpompared to last....

but like you say we got to share the wine around, and that was lovely...I tasted some spankingly good wines last night. Your lychee was totally fab Rob

maybe the round table tasting works better?

thoughts everyone?
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

The event gets better each year, as we have more and more people who know what its all about now, and they have the knowledge and confidence to handle peoples precious purchases. You will be advising newbies next time (or maybe the time after) it is such a great learning experience, and you get to meet knowledgeable and friendly people and drink great beers and wines.
      you also get to take part in whatever silliness is the theme for that year. This year being the cockney duck pond thing (video to follow)
      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I will second Robs Thanks to you.

PS 'cockney duck pond' funny the first time and still going strong!!
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Faaaaauuqqck !

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
            Yes unfortunately the wine swap kind of got forgotten...

lots of new things happened this year cpompared to last....

but like you say we got to share the wine around, and that was lovely...I tasted some spankingly good wines last night. Your lychee was totally fab Rob

maybe the round table tasting works better?

thoughts everyone?
            Yes the round table tasting probably did work better as I got to try something like 20 wines rather than a couple

My lychee was fab AFTER you added some acid I will make it again but take more care with adjusting the acid next time. Still can't believe that a small acid adjustment can have such a big effect on the nose and perceived sweetness. That was probably one of the biggest things I learnt this weekend.

Cheers

Rob

Comment

Well, apart from the +1 on the TVM for this years bash - it was brilliant......

You norvern jonnies shuduv listened to me an Dave more cairfullee, as we woz ackchully tryin ter give yer sum lectrocution lessans, so you can speek more proper Ingland like what we duz.....

Witchaz gotta be rite cos its cloasah to the Kweens Ingland cos we liv in er nayberhud.......

See....... eezee innit
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                Well, apart from the +1 on the TVM for this years bash - it was brilliant......

You norvern jonnies shuduv listened to me an Dave more cairfullee, as we woz ackchully tryin ter give yer sum lectrocution lessans, so you can speek more proper Ingland like what we duz.....

Witchaz gotta be rite cos its cloasah to the Kweens Ingland cos we liv in er nayberhud.......

See....... eezee innit
                Don't do that........have just sprayed coffee all over my work PC!!
                "There are 10 types of people who understand Binary; those that do and those that don't.........."

Comment

I'd like to say thanks too, to everyone. (Kampervan too, who also manned the detemmer with Bri!)

Great time had by all I think!

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post

See....... eezee innit
                    fantastic
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Yes a really big fanks.

Great show Bob, thanks for all the work that goes into the setup and the day. It was great to meet up with everyone and the whole day from the lectures to the mother of all wine tastings was top banana. Roll on next year.
                      Simon
                      "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Just to echo the previous sentiments, a big thanks to all involved.

I can see that making wine from grapes requires equipment of a more sturdy nature than that which can be used to make wine from concentrates etc.

There is quite a bit to this. Busy, busy, busy.

Comment

A big thanks to all involved especially Bob for the hosting and Karl and Ann-marie for the food and the sofa. New friends made again and quite a lot of good discussion was had before we had too much to drink great time

Comment

Agree with all, Gfest evolves each year and when we think it can't get any better, it does, year on year.
                            It seems like only yesterday when Gfest consisted of me, Bob & the two Dicks (Rich D & Richard S). So as well as thanking the usual contributers, I'd like to thank those of you who travel the distance (many of you hundreds of miles) each year which makes the event what it is today, and the new comers of course for simply having a bash.

I would also like to thank you all for your support with pre Gfest orders and stuff purchased on the day, though I thoroughly enjoy the day, a few sales is an added bonus. Roll on next year...
                            Discount Home Brew Supplies
                            Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                            Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                            National Wine Judge
                            N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

+1 with all of the above.

Excellent to learn a little about making grape wines (which is obviously for weirdo's seeing as I was the only "normal" person there ). Still unsure if I want to have a go, but it was brilliant to meet everyone. Faces to usernames at last.

Good company, good weekend was had by self. TVM to all who arranged/sorted it.

Quack!

regards

jtfb
                              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
                              X