No announcement yet.

Grapefest thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only there for the Saturday and I did not order any grapes this year but had a great day, thanks to all involved. As I was driving I left early before the "festivities" and temptation (read drinking) began. I am really looking forward to the videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
      Agree with all, Gfest evolves each year and when we think it can't get any better, it does, year on year.
      It seems like only yesterday when Gfest consisted of me, Bob & the two Dicks (Rich D & Richard S). So as well as thanking the usual contributers, I'd like to thank those of you who travel the distance (many of you hundreds of miles) each year which makes the event what it is today, and the new comers of course for simply having a bash.
      I agree 100%, this was the best one yet.....

I think it's because the participants took ownership of it this time, more than ever before. That coupled with the fact we are (as a group gaining more and more experience)

it seems like only yesterday, that it was just me and 20 boxes of grapes (2005)

2006 Was David Heeby and Me

2007 was yourself me and the two dicks, and it has gone from strength to strength

2008 was the hot-tub and online video year (nuff said) and the late night (early morning) bread fight

2009 was the first one here and the (not published) videos shot (i'm still working on censoring them)

2010 Was the year Brian became our supplier of grapes and Hobbywinesupplies became the official supplier of fermentation aids, koomber walked 500 miles (several times) DaveH walked an insane distance to hios hotel in the middle of the night and we did a pre grapefest curry for the first time.

2011 was the year presentations and a follow up DVD became part of it, everyone really mucked in, the place was spotless when everyone left, and the year of the cockney duck pond. Rip van koomber appeared for the first time (and I suspect not the last!)

Did I miss anything out?

2012...? ......it will be Olympic

I reckon we should stick with just three presentations (its enough) but what would you all like to see?

please let us have your input even if you are not attending as it will be recorded.

regards
      Bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

was a great weekend. been since 2009 (please delete all video of that night).have since watched graeham go from giving a brill talk to sleeping. have got to know the regulars and had a ball each time. it does just get better each year. so thanks bob for organising and letting us loose on your turf
        http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
        http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X